• Tony now and in the future

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is why I'm curious. Right now according to Hoopshype salary list, the Spurs have committed their entire cap for the next few years to 6 players: Dunca, Ginoboli, Rasho, Bowen, Barry & Rose.

Now Parker is eligible for an extension or he becomes an RFA after the season. Pop was quoted during the Olympics as saying that bringing Scola over next summer was his number 1 priority. Unless the new CBA greatly changes the cap, the Spurs need to work some magic to be able to do that since he has a big buyout.

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
I hate Malik Rose.

I said Parker.... I love Ginoboli but you don't see many guys in the league with the speed of Parker.

By the way, how are they going to fit Barry, Ginoboli and Parker into the starting lineup? Is Ginoboli still not going to get a starting job?

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by <b>LuckyAC</b>!
Why can't the Spurs just use the MLE for Scola?
I guess, without a trade, that they will have to use part of it to sign him. That will then hurt the Spurs chances of being able to address a need if one comes up (see lack of shooting & signing Barry)

I guess the Spurs time as a major player in Free Agency is over

·
Registered
293 Posts
Originally posted by <b>cpawfan</b>!
Here is why I'm curious. Right now according to Hoopshype salary list, the Spurs have committed their entire cap for the next few years to 6 players: Dunca, Ginoboli, Rasho, Bowen, Barry & Rose.

Now Parker is eligible for an extension or he becomes an RFA after the season. Pop was quoted during the Olympics as saying that bringing Scola over next summer was his number 1 priority. Unless the new CBA greatly changes the cap, the Spurs need to work some magic to be able to do that since he has a big buyout.
I heard that Parker and the Spurs are talking about a possible extension.

About the poll... to me Parker now and in the future.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Parker now Parker in the future. He has showed glimpses of greatness and otherwise plays with goodness.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Manu now. Parker is the spurs future. Even beyond Duncan. It will be interesting to see what Parker adds to his game this summer, since it's his first summer to actually work on his game in a long time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts