Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow.,..

giricek with 19 tonite. did anyone see this game?!?

if the grizz have picked up yet another sf/sg that can contribute serious numbers, i'm really liking the team this year. however, the logjam at pg/sf should be solved by gambling on a center. how does zydrunas ilgauskas and ??? (jumaine jones?) sound for swift and knight?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think that's TOO BIG of a gamble to take, especially when you put into consideration how crazy Z's contract is. If it wasn't so big (of a contract), I think Memphis would jump at it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah yes, that is true...

plus with his DUI charges this summer, it seems to be getting worse and worse for him. However, zydrunas was/is a very good center when hes healthy. is there anyone in the league who has a decent starting/backup center that they would be willing to part with though? i cant think of any of the top of my head....

but any comments on giricek? did anyone get to see him play?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yes Hogey11, I got to see him play. I think the Grizzlies have found them one when it comes to be aggressive and a scorer, like Sidney said. Man, this guy is like most European who can shoot lights out, he's deadly. He replaced Mike D. in the starting line-up because of some soreness he was having from game 1. Man, Giricek puts me in the mind of Saronus, formely of the Warriors, and also Hornacek with the way he attacks the basket and with the dead eye shooting from the outside. Man, I think he and Person are going to be such a big help for the Grizzlies this year because of the outside shooting they possess, which is what we were missing last season. I'm not saying this team will start the year off 10-0, but they can become dangerous after their first 25 games once they're more comfortable with each other's play.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i tell ya, i dotn know what to think....

with Mike D, Person, and Giricek at SG, how are the grizz gonna divvy up the minutes?!? Mike Dickerson is a great player once healthy, Many people forget that wesley person is coming off the best year of his career stats-wise (16ppg+ is pretty good if you ask me) and now Giricek is showing some great potential.

The grizz also seem to have this problem with nearly every position except center, with Gasol and Swift at the PF and Knight and Watson at PG, even Battier and Gooden both deserve at least 30 minutes from a 48 minute slot.

One trade i was thinking about today looks like this:

Cleveland trades: PF Tyrone Hill (8.0 ppg, 10.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 31.1 minutes)
C Chris Mihm (7.7 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 0.3 apg in 22.4 minutes)
Cleveland receives: PG Brevin Knight (7.0 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 5.7 apg in 21.7 minutes)
PF Stromile Swift (11.8 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 26.5 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +3.1 ppg, -7.4 rpg, and +5.2 apg.

Memphis trades: PG Brevin Knight (7.0 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 5.7 apg in 21.7 minutes)
PF Stromile Swift (11.8 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 26.5 minutes)
Memphis receives: PF Tyrone Hill (8.0 ppg, 10.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 26 games)
C Chris Mihm (7.7 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 0.3 apg in 74 games)
Change in team outlook: -3.1 ppg, +7.4 rpg, and -5.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Cleveland and Memphis being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Cleveland and Memphis had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

What do you guys think about this trade? are the cavs giving up too much? both teams are getting what they need in this trade. a veteran post player who can play big minutes if needed and a backup center with potential and the cavs are getting a defensive, pass-first point guard and yet another high-flying young player with oodles of potential.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
490 Posts
I just hope that Giricek can continue his hot shooting. It will really take the pressure off of JWill to try and carry the team from deep, especially when he takes such poor shots, usually, from the perimeter, IMHO.

Plus, I live in the same apartment complex with Giricek and see him occasionally. He seems like a really nice guy, and his English is pretty good too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts