Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The University of Maryland requests that you return Joe Smith for his junior and senior seasons.

Thank you.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
:laugh:

In all fairness, Joe is a pretty solid player. Its just since he was a number one pick, people have higher expectations then what he has lived up to. And his salary situation could be a lot worse.

·
Registered
182 Posts
ToddMacCulloch11 said:
:laugh:

In all fairness, Joe is a pretty solid player. Its just since he was a number one pick, people have higher expectations then what he has lived up to. And his salary situation could be a lot worse.
agreed. I picked up Smith on my fantasy team, he produced some solid games, but he's just too inconsistent, especially for a #1 overall pick. The whole minnesota situation probably ruined his career anyway.

·
#1 Stromile Swift Fan
4,327 Posts
Joe Smith is a very solid player who just didnt end up to his #1 draft spot...I would call him a bust based on his draft spot but I think it was mroe of ppl just overrating the guy from the beginning

·
Premium Member
6,651 Posts
The Warriors in the 90's were constantly desperate for front court players to complement Mullin (see trades for C-Webb, Billy Owens).

Question: What the heck is Joe Smith doing recently? He cut his finger and can't play now? W.T.F.????

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Joe Smith was a monster in college and that lead to his #1 pick status. It wasn't that he was overrated as much as he hasn't improved. His skill set never expanded and he is just as good now as he was then. Which is a probelm because when you take a two year college guy, you have to hope he continues to improve.

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
bruindre said:
Question: What the heck is Joe Smith doing recently? He cut his finger and can't play now? W.T.F.????
Yeah, the box score lists him with a left pinky laceration...I really haven't heard much more than that, but I assume he won't be suiting up for the rest of the season. The more losses the better!

·
Premium Member
6,651 Posts
DHarris34Phan said:
Yeah, the box score lists him with a left pinky laceration...I really haven't heard much more than that, but I assume he won't be suiting up for the rest of the season. The more losses the better!
A PINKY LACERATION??? Wow...what a tough guy. The attitude I'd want from a PF. :sigh:

(i'm a little peeved...J. Smith is my PF in my fantasy league)

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
bruindre said:
A PINKY LACERATION??? Wow...what a tough guy. The attitude I'd want from a PF. :sigh:

(i'm a little peeved...J. Smith is my PF in my fantasy league)
LOL! I think they are just letting him sit out the rest of the season....Get some other guys PT while we lose more games.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts