Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The team almost beat INDIANA at Indiana tonight. 1 Point loss, tough to swallow, but give props when it is due. The team is barely better than Indiana's bench. Give PAUL his credit too, tough fight.

I want to see some positivity on this board.

POSITIVE responses PLEASE JUST ONCE!

·
Registered
248 Posts
We also need consistency through out the whole quarters. If we can do that and not running on the wall on the offensive end then we can still make the playoff. Now, Knicks, Heat, Cavs, and Philly are battling with us for the 7 and 8 spot. I really hope we can still make it because that give the rooks playoff atmosphere, and that's very IMPORTANT.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Yes, it was a "good" loss. Marcus Banks and Chris Mihm got their minutes, and if Brandon Hunter had gotten McCarty's minutes, it would have been a "great" loss. And we're one step closer to the lottery.

Hopefully McCarty will be gone after February 19 so we can really turn our attention to developing our young players.

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!
Yes, it was a "good" loss. Marcus Banks and Chris Mihm got their minutes, and if Brandon Hunter had gotten McCarty's minutes, it would have been a "great" loss. And we're one step closer to the lottery.

Hopefully McCarty will be gone after February 19 so we can really turn our attention to developing our young players.
If Hunter played half of McCarty's minutes, it would have been a great victory.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey John

Hey Big John,

I am just curious as to why you dislike Mccarty. It is very tough for me to analyze his game being outside Boston Area, and seeing very few games.

Let me know.. I also sent you a PM with a question or two..

thanks

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Re: Hey John

Originally posted by <b>TheTruth34</b>!
Hey Big John,

I am just curious as to why you dislike Mccarty. It is very tough for me to analyze his game being outside Boston Area, and seeing very few games.
Well I don't really know where to begin. For starters, he is a terrible rebounder and terrible one-on-one defender. If he defends a guy on the perimeter or the baseline, his man goes around him. If he defends a post player, his man overpowers him.

He is a poor ball handler and poor passer, as he demonstrated last evening. (Why Welsch was not put back in the game to make that inbounds pass, I'll never know). He is not a consistent midrange shooter and has no post up offensive game whatsoever.

What CAN he do? Well, he can shoot the 3, although his percentage isn't very good. In fact, all he does on offense is stand around on the perimeter. Also, he understands the Obie/Harter defense, so he's good at blitzing the pick and roll. That's about it. Skills-wise, he is at best an 11th or 12th man-- even on a bad team.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah

He seems to be some-what lazy on the floor.

How in the hell do you get the time or ability to analyze these players? Do you watch game film? Curious

-thetruth34

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Re: yeah

How in the hell do you get the time or ability to analyze these players? Do you watch game film? Curious

-thetruth34
I watch the games. As for ability, who knows? I've played and coached, but so have many others here.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Re: yeah

-thetruth34

I dont think it is lazy really. More of a self confidence issue. Problem is it is hard to have a good self esteem as a player if you really know you are not that good..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.