Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
Joined
·
20,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may hate the Lakers, and i do with a passion... but i thank them for giving me a reason, to watch basketball, i watch every Laker game in hopes that they lose, and every King gamein hopes that they go a game above the Lakers... i dunno about you guys, but i feel that every Kings vs Lakers game is worth watching every second and theres no other matchup that i look more foreward too... We play the Spurs, and i dont really care, but the Lakers... the hated Lakers... i would pay 20$ just to watch it on TV, thats how much i love watching Lakers Kings games, because its more than just a game up on the standings, or just a normal game, its a rivalry, and its the reason i watch basketball, every year in the playoffs, i hope that the Lakers take on the Kings, for a repeat of that 2000-2001 series...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,241 Posts
Long - There's nothin wrong with this.. He's saying he hates the Lakers.. its good.. We know he hates em, lol..

I could say I hate the Kings but it still wouldn't change my mind on how much I love Lakers vs Kings games :uhoh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,186 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!
i would pay 20$ just to watch it on TV, thats how much i love watching Lakers Kings games, because its more than just a game up on the standings, or just a normal game, its a rivalry, and its the reason i watch basketball, every year in the playoffs, i hope that the Lakers take on the Kings, for a repeat of that 2000-2001 series...
The Kings got SWEPT in that series in 2000-2001. You want a repeat of that?? And they lost in '99-'00, and lost again in '01-'02. As entertaining as it may be when the Lakers and Kings play it ain't a rivalry. L.A. = THREE titles in the last 4 years. Sacto = ZERO titles (unless you count the precious Pacific division titles :rolleyes: ) Lakers Spurs, now that's a rivalry, albeit not as fun to watch. Lakers vs. Kings is just a repeated Sacramento burial.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
390 Posts
Re: Re: Glad for the Lakers...

Originally posted by <b>Locke</b>!


The Kings got SWEPT in that series in 2000-2001. You want a repeat of that?? And they lost in '99-'00, and lost again in '01-'02. As entertaining as it may be when the Lakers and Kings play it ain't a rivalry. L.A. = THREE titles in the last 4 years. Sacto = ZERO titles (unless you count the precious Pacific division titles :rolleyes: ) Lakers Spurs, now that's a rivalry, albeit not as fun to watch. Lakers vs. Kings is just a repeated Sacramento burial.
By your reasoning, why even bother watching the games??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,186 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Glad for the Lakers...

Originally posted by <b>beb0p</b>!


By your reasoning, why even bother watching the games??
All I'm saying is that based on the past playoff series we don't really have much of a "rivalry" since the Kings have lost to the Lakers everytime they've met. The first and third meetings were very competitive and anyone who considers themself an NBA fan should've been glued to a TV for every one of those games.
 

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
Joined
·
20,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With the Lakers dominance over the Kings, I'm sure they are much hated in Sacramento
And (some) Laker fans hate the Kings, and dont act like you dont...

All I'm saying is that based on the past playoff series we don't really have much of a "rivalry" since the Kings have lost to the Lakers everytime they've met. The first and third meetings were very competitive and anyone who considers themself an NBA fan should've been glued to a TV for every one of those games.
It is a rivalry... every Laker and King player will tell you that... this isnt just a media made up rivalry, the players really dont like eachother... like Rick Fox who got his *** kicked by Doug Chrisite, im sure hes pissed about that... and a Kings employee said he wont quit his job until the Kings beat the Lakers in the playoffs... looks like hell be leaving this year :yes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,165 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!
It is a rivalry... every Laker and King player will tell you that... this isnt just a media made up rivalry, the players really dont like eachother... like Rick Fox who got his *** kicked by Doug Chrisite, im sure hes pissed about that... and a Kings employee said he wont quit his job until the Kings beat the Lakers in the playoffs... looks like hell be leaving this year :yes:
Can it be called a "rivalry" when one team ALWAYS defeats the other? :whoknows:
 

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
Joined
·
20,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can it be called a "rivalry" when one team ALWAYS defeats the other?
Name a better one? Please i beg you, name one thats better... and the Lakers only beat the Kings once in a true serious contention, once we got Bibby we took you to 7, and then the Lakers lost to the Spurs... so its not like its been a history of dominance or something, like its been the Lakers beating the Kings every single time...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,186 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!


Name a better one? Please i beg you, name one thats better... and the Lakers only beat the Kings once in a true serious contention, once we got Bibby we took you to 7, and then the Lakers lost to the Spurs... so its not like its been a history of dominance or something, like its been the Lakers beating the Kings every single time...
How long are you guys gonna hold onto that series like it was a championship victory? Let it go, I'm sure there will be another chance for the Kings to "Beat L.A."
 

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
Joined
·
20,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How long are you guys gonna hold onto that series like it was a championship victory? Let it go, I'm sure there will be another chance for the Kings to "Beat L.A."
And thats why it is a rivalry...
 

·
Elite Member
Joined
·
15,161 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!


And thats why it is a rivalry...
It's like the Yankees-Red Sox "rivalry". The Yankees always win the meaningful games and the Red Sox always lose the meaningful games. That's called a hype rivalry, and it's exactly the same as the Kings-Lakers "rivalry".

Spurs-Lakers, now that's a REAL rivalry (albeit not as exciting as the Lakers-Kings). The Spurs have actually proven themselves able to beat the Lakers by staying healthy and smart, the Kings haven't been able to do any such thing.
 

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
Joined
·
20,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Spurs-Lakers, now that's a REAL rivalry (albeit not as exciting as the Lakers-Kings). The Spurs have actually proven themselves able to beat the Lakers by staying healthy and smart, the Kings haven't been able to do any such thing.
Who the hell cares about the Spurs Lakers? I sure dont, and i know if you guys had a choice of a game on TV, youd take the Kings too...and just because the Kings have lost a whole time of ONCE to the Lakers makes it that the Lakers dominate the Kings?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,165 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!
Who the hell cares about the Spurs Lakers? I sure dont, and i know if you guys had a choice of a game on TV, youd take the Kings too...and just because the Kings have lost a whole time of ONCE to the Lakers makes it that the Lakers dominate the Kings?
Look, SacKings384, i kind of dig the way you come around the Lakers Forum and stir things up, but lay off a minute, all right?

The team to beat this year are the Spurs.
LA has to go through them to the title.

Sure Sacramento (and Dallas, and Minnesotta) are more fun to watch than the Spurs, but so what?

Lakers and Spurs have devided the last FIVE NBA Championships.
They have played eachother in the playoffs numerous times.
Champ vs. Former Champ.
Duncan vs. Shaq for the MDP.

What more can a guy want?

Sure, i´d love to see the Lakers mop the floor with the Kings... but i´d prefer a gruesome, clinching game-7 win in the WCF against the Champs.

So, in my book, not much of a beef with the Kings...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
23,770 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PauloCatarino</b>!


Look, SacKings384, i kind of dig the way you come around the Lakers Forum and stir things up, but lay off a minute, all right?

The team to beat this year are the Spurs.
LA has to go through them to the title.

Sure Sacramento (and Dallas, and Minnesotta) are more fun to watch than the Spurs, but so what?

Lakers and Spurs have devided the last FIVE NBA Championships.
They have played eachother in the playoffs numerous times.
Champ vs. Former Champ.
Duncan vs. Shaq for the MDP.

What more can a guy want?

Sure, i´d love to see the Lakers mop the floor with the Kings... but i´d prefer a gruesome, clinching game-7 win in the WCF against the Champs.

So, in my book, not much of a beef with the Kings...
:clap:
bravo
 

·
Elite Member
Joined
·
15,161 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!


Who the hell cares about the Spurs Lakers? I sure dont, and i know if you guys had a choice of a game on TV, youd take the Kings too...and just because the Kings have lost a whole time of ONCE to the Lakers makes it that the Lakers dominate the Kings?
Take reading comprehension classes, please.
 

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
Joined
·
20,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Take reading comprehension classes, please.
Im not following...

Sure, i´d love to see the Lakers mop the floor with the Kings... but i´d prefer a gruesome, clinching game-7 win in the WCF against the Champs.
Sort of like the 2000-2001 series? Because the series between the Spurs and Lakers last year, wasnt even an exciting series, other than that Robert Horry shot, the Spurs mopped the floor with the Lakers...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
390 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Glad for the Lakers...

Originally posted by <b>Locke</b>!


All I'm saying is that based on the past playoff series we don't really have much of a "rivalry" since the Kings have lost to the Lakers everytime they've met. The first and third meetings were very competitive and anyone who considers themself an NBA fan should've been glued to a TV for every one of those games.

Similar to what I've been saying all along. The Lakers is more of an "Obstacle" than a "Rival." This is closer to the Kings-Jazz a few years back than a Giants-Dodgers.

Don't ask me why you guys call it a rivalry. Most of the rivalry hype is coming from the Lakerland anyway, especially the LA media. I mean, we are the best team in the league and you guys are about to sink to 5th. The legit teams we have to watch out for are the Wolves and the Spurs, both are right on our tail. You guys have a long way to go to catch up, mate. Maybe the Lakers will get close, but it's pure speculation at this point.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top