Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Glad no one is freaking out

On ESPN, Indystar and Realgm, everyone is freaking out about how the team is playing. I have read crazy trade threads for every starter including JO, what the hell is up with that. I am glad to see there are some calm fans here. This team has some problems to fix, but we do not need any trades this early in the season if at all this season. What do you think?

·
Registered
471 Posts
The only person that is worth trading is AJ but what are you going to get for him? All this Tinsley/JO trade talk is ridiculous. I'm glad we don't have these people running the team.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
I'm too pissed off to really "freak out" right now. I know the Pacers have the talent of a championship team, so I'll just have to wait until they start using it. If they lose to the Bobcats again tomorrow, though, I'm going to go off on someone.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Well I look at it this way. I am pretty sure that Jermaine O'neal isnt a leader. In fact I don't think the Pacers have the level headed leader they need to keep them calm when things go bad. Jermaine should stop thinking about scoring and start thinking about getting more rebounds or at least attempting to get Offensive rebounds. This is were we miss Reggie. We need a veteran who we can count on to keep people level headed. Jermaine O'neal i don't beleive can fill this void. Remember Larry Bird said Jermaine will get his chance to be the leader and if he fails he will be replaced. Well so far I don't think he's been too successful. I actually think Artest has proven to be a better leader. He's aggresive and plays with heart. You could tell in the Bobcats game when all the other players with Pacers uniforms on were moving around lacklusterly, he was the only one moving and trying to make things happen.

Reactions: PaCeRhOLiC

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
rock747 said:
Well I look at it this way. I am pretty sure that Jermaine O'neal isnt a leader. In fact I don't think the Pacers have the level headed leader they need to keep them calm when things go bad. Jermaine should stop thinking about scoring and start thinking about getting more rebounds or at least attempting to get Offensive rebounds. This is were we miss Reggie. We need a veteran who we can count on to keep people level headed. Jermaine O'neal i don't beleive can fill this void. Remember Larry Bird said Jermaine will get his chance to be the leader and if he fails he will be replaced. Well so far I don't think he's been too successful. I actually think Artest has proven to be a better leader. He's aggresive and plays with heart. You could tell in the Bobcats game when all the other players with Pacers uniforms on were moving around lacklusterly, he was the only one moving and trying to make things happen.
Reggie said Jamaal Tinsley is the true leader of the Pacers.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
There's really no reason to freak out, your team was blown out last season by the Clippers before they lost the three best players, and look how last season turned out.

I think you guys will be fine... and thanks for the rep.

Comment on the Clips and I'll rep you haha.

·
Registered
93 Posts
(this has been my opinion since forever, not just after the charlotte game)
despite all our depth i think we lack one very important player: a real banger in the paint.
foster can't fill this void either...what we need is a theo ratliff/steven hunter kind of guy.
someone who competes every damn shot in the paint...(and helps our not-so great rebounding)

as for freaking out: people don't know what they're talking about. you loose some, you win some. if the projected winner would always win, games would be boring as hell.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I was fighting hard core on Indystar yesterday for Jermaine... that's why I wasn't here much... too many fans over there call for trades after every loss... if it were up to them we would have a different team every night... they are rediculous! I love the stability of the posters on here... you guys make me happy :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
back2newbelf said:
(this has been my opinion since forever, not just after the charlotte game)
despite all our depth i think we lack one very important player: a real banger in the paint.
foster can't fill this void either...what we need is a theo ratliff/steven hunter kind of guy.
David Harrison can do that.

·
6,804 Posts
I'm not freaking out, I'm just disgusted at the way we've performed so far....

We killed the Heat 2wice, and then come back and lose to 2 teams who had no business even being on the same court with us...
oh and let me not forget that stupid Philly lost also....
just pathetic so far,....

Tonight we win no excuses, not only win but win big.....

Don't let me down Indy....

Go PaCeRs!!!

·
King George
11,475 Posts
I haven't been able to watch the games lately, so I don't really know how bad we've played. I do know that we blew a 10 point first quarter lead last game, though...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts