Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
heatseeker
7,066 Posts
Lamar's playing great , If he played like this everygame we would be a lock , hopefully Lamar keeps playing like this.

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Hes playing good, but he can play better, and he needs to play better. Odom just got lucky that Kobe was in foul trouble and that his J has been sinking in. But I'm very proud of the aggressiveness and how hes shooting EARLY in the game, rather than late in the game, which I think is a huge problem. 20 points this game seems lock, maybe he can even go for 30. But what I mean by better, I think once he takes the ball up the court and passes, he can set up in the post. Or, when he is playing with his face to the basket, I'd like him drive more. He's finishing better than usual and hes crashing the offensive boards. But I wish he wouldn't drive towards toward the baseline to the point where hes throwing a floater almost landing outta bounds.

·
Premium Member
10,320 Posts
tatahbenitez said:
I'm sorry. I won't say anything negative about Kobe Bryant ever again.

Go, Kobe, Go!!! :greatjob:
We have a thread dedicated to our criticisms of Kobe, so don't use that. It was a "bait" post and you know it. Most of your posts are.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
He shot the ball 14 times. That should be the minimum, not what Kobe encouraged him to do.

This thread makes it seem like he would of shot 10 times or even 4 again if Kobe didn't talk to him.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Jamel Irief said:
He shot the ball 14 times. That should be the minimum, not what Kobe encouraged him to do.

This thread makes it seem like he would of shot 10 times or even 4 again if Kobe didn't talk to him.
I'm just happy he scored more than twenty points.

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Lamar should be around 24 a game ....Lamar be aggresive!
He's extremely capable IMO. With the size advantage over most SF's, he should post up a lot more. I know he must initiate the offense, but he can take the ball up the court, make the first pass, point out the spots where people should be, and then get position in the post. It would be a lot better than him standing way above the 3 point line. He should make plays through the post some more too, kinda like Brad Miller. Him posting up might give the Lakers some easy buckets. Who knows, with Odom not being so great from the line, and smaller players on him, maybe having him in the post would get the opposing team in some foul trouble. I know that we don't really have a good post scorer, but Lamar is pretty effective posting up smaller SF's. And it would give Lamar the rhythm and confidence to score more.
He needs to drive a LOT more especially with those ballhandling skills, first step, speed, and size. I mean, most teams would be afraid of a 6'10 player barelling down the lane. And when he does drive, he draws lots of fouls. But he still needs to finish strong. He gets away with having long arms.
And he passes up a lot of fastbreak opportunities. His scoring night against the Sonics, that was nothing compared to what he could be getting, especially against oen fo the worst defensive teams in the NBA.

·
heatseeker
7,066 Posts
LamarButler said:
He's extremely capable IMO. With the size advantage over most SF's, he should post up a lot more. I know he must initiate the offense, but he can take the ball up the court, make the first pass, point out the spots where people should be, and then get position in the post. It would be a lot better than him standing way above the 3 point line. He should make plays through the post some more too, kinda like Brad Miller. Him posting up might give the Lakers some easy buckets. Who knows, with Odom not being so great from the line, and smaller players on him, maybe having him in the post would get the opposing team in some foul trouble. I know that we don't really have a good post scorer, but Lamar is pretty effective posting up smaller SF's. And it would give Lamar the rhythm and confidence to score more.
He needs to drive a LOT more especially with those ballhandling skills, first step, speed, and size. I mean, most teams would be afraid of a 6'10 player barelling down the lane. And when he does drive, he draws lots of fouls. But he still needs to finish strong. He gets away with having long arms.
And he passes up a lot of fastbreak opportunities. His scoring night against the Sonics, that was nothing compared to what he could be getting, especially against oen fo the worst defensive teams in the NBA.

Exactly, Havent seen you active as b4....Good to see ya back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts