Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got up this morning and read my morning newspapers reading about Eddie Griffin being arrested. This is the last thing the Knicks needed, a player who cannot control himself. Some players are more mature than others and can fend for themselves. A player like Griffin would need constant supervision like a 5 year old...don't do this, or don't touch that. And on top of all this, I've read somewhere if Boston releases Vin Baker, he would like to try and sign with us. I admit it is intriguing, but this is one instance where we should pass on a player. We need a player of Baker's skills in the post, but I don't think we need the distraction. Alcohol addiction is not an easy thing to combat. He has shown that he has trouble dealing with the problem, hence his relapse in the past few weeks, and his poor showing for the last 2 months, after starting so strong. If he couldn't deal with it in Boston, what makes you think he will be able to deal with it in NY? Eddie Griffin is just good money down the drain for the Nets. Let's hope the Knicks take heed of that situation and leave Vin Baker alone. His dream of playing for the Knicks should stay exactly what it is...an ALCOHOLIC'S DREAM

1 - 1 of 1 Posts