Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does he have any chance in miking the nba in the future? i know he carry alot of wieght but for a big guy he can really move.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
I'll wait to hear some responses...:wink:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Davis will likely be a first round pick. Obviously he's a little short for a C, and too bulky to be PF. But he moves exceptionally well for his size. In addition to post-scoring and rebounding, he can block shots as well as steal the post pass, can shoot from mid-range, pass the ball very well, and actually put it on the floor.

As mobile as he is for 300 pounds, he is going to be limited by his body type. But I can see him starting in the NBA, even if he is never an all-star.

Absolute worst case is Jahidi White, and he is still bouncing around, isn't he?

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
The Mad Viking said:
But he moves exceptionally well for his size.
My friends and I have a running joke about "moves exceptionally well for a big man" because someone will say it about EVERY SINGLE big man. Every single sucky big man prospect it's like "oh, but he just moves so well for his size!"

Not to say the big baby sucks, I haven't seen him play. I was a big fan of Brandon Bass, how is he in relation to Bass?

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
To say "he moves well for his size" with big baby really isnt cliche. The first move I ever saw him do, he spun base line alla Shaq and did a reverse layup on the other side of the basket. He really is quick in his moves down low but trust me he wont be winning any races from baseline to baseline.

He has such great touch around the basket. He always gets fouled while shooting and he'd be averaging 25 pts a game if he could shoot better than 60% from the FT line.

He is a pretty legit 6'9 in his shoes, and he's lost a lot of weight from those who saw him in his freshman year. He was around 350 last season and he is down to 310.

For those that say he is a C I dont think he will be. I think he can continue to drop weight and be a good PF for a team and picked in the first round.

Here is a link to my Glen "Big Baby" Davis Scouting Report in my personal forum

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if he is really 6'9 and lose some more wieght as his career goes on i can see him being a top ten pick. The guy has alot of talent.

·
Registered
19,468 Posts
He's too soft to be a force. Brandon Bass has aggressiveness, but Davis uses his deceptive athletic ability. He'll be done as soon as the opposing teams figure out how he plays.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
WTChan said:
He's too soft to be a force. Brandon Bass has aggressiveness, but Davis uses his deceptive athletic ability. He'll be done as soon as the opposing teams figure out how he plays.
Everyone knows how he plays and they still can't stop him. He can pretty much only stop himself or if he is checked by a player his size or bigger. He doesn't have the athleticism of Bass but they were different players. Bass played above the rim and could rise up above his defender. Davis plays under the basket and uses great footwork and his girth to clear space. If anyone says he isnt aggressive they are kidding themselves. He is literally relentless on the boards and he believes every loose ball is his.

Only thing soft is his tummy...:laugh:

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
maybe 20 years ago he could have been a 1st rounder, but not in today's NBA. Unless he can get down to 275 or so, but then you always run the risk of him balooning back up once he gets that guaranteed contract. Andy Katz and others at the U-21 tryouts this summer said that they would be surprised if he's 6-7 in shoes. From what I've seen with my own eyes, that appears to be accurate.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Dametri Hill (circa University of Florida '92-95). He was very similar to big baby, but no pro. Davis should play Football and be Jonathan Ogden.

Reactions: RSP83

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Davis reminds me of a Oliver Miller reincarnation....Both about 6'9" 300lb. good college players but won't do anything in the pro's...

·
Registered
19,468 Posts
The best case scenario I can think up of is Zach Randolph, if Davis extends his range. Odds are against him though.

·
Sincerely, Derrick Rose
3,012 Posts
HKF said:
Dametri Hill (circa University of Florida '92-95). He was very similar to big baby, but no pro. Davis should play Football and be Jonathan Ogden.
I haven't heard that name in a looooooooooong time. I'll rep you for bringing up his name. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts