Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though many in the NBA question Carter's status as a franchise player, the Raptors general manager insists Carter is untradable.

"Vince is not going to be traded," Grunwald said yesterday after watching the Raptors work out. "It's something that's not going to happen.
That puts the rumours aside

There are certain players I have no interest in moving, and not just Vince. There are players who are important to our team, not just now but also in the future."

The GM also mentioned rookie Chris Bosh and referred to the team's core that includes Jalen Rose, Donyell Marshall and Alvin Williams.
good news

Incidentally, Peddie disclosed recently that the team and Grunwald had begun contract talks.
Interesting, so the starting line-up is untradeable, and Glen might be re-signed soon.

LINK

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Well I guess we can focus our trade talk on Mo Pete, Murray, Moiso. Not really a surprise though, as if they would trade Vince now. Keep in mind that JYD was "untradeable" untill a sweet deal came along, and he was sent out even though they didn't want to.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Originally posted by <b>CrookedJ</b>!
Well I guess we can focus our trade talk on Mo Pete, Murray, Moiso. Not really a surprise though, as if they would trade Vince now. Keep in mind that JYD was "untradeable" untill a sweet deal came along, and he was sent out even though they didn't want to.
i dont rememba JYD being labelled "untradeable" he was always in trade rumours..

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Well I don't now if he was labelled as untradable, but they certainly didn't want to trade him. AS we have seen, lots of people start trade rumours, that doens't mean those invloved are being shopped.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Even though many in the NBA question Carter's status as a franchise player, the Raptors general manager insists Carter is untradable.

"Vince is not going to be traded," Grunwald said yesterday after watching the Raptors work out. "It's something that's not going to happen.

Did all of you specific people ****in get that through your head? Did it take my series of posts to convince you that Carter is the earth beneath the Raptors, or did it take 7 words right from the mouth of Grunwald to put the nail in the coffin?

·
Registered
564 Posts
well no ****..it never even entered my mind that eh was on the block. he never will be... if he wasn;t playing for our team our attendance would plumit to the bottom of the league...he puts fans in the stands.unless we got kobe or KG somebody like that which would never happen.... the raps would never trade vince

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ElevatorMan</b>!
well no ****..it never even entered my mind that eh was on the block. he never will be... if he wasn;t playing for our team our attendance would plumit to the bottom of the league...he puts fans in the stands.unless we got kobe or KG somebody like that which would never happen.... the raps would never trade vince
You can't say Vince can't be traded right after Grunwald stated that, when you previously put hundreds of proposed trades involving Vince with hundreds of explanations on how he's a valid player in the departure category.

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
if i were grunwald, i don't think i'd move vince right now, either- i mean, i know i wouldn't. you buy low, sell high in this business. vince's market value is pretty much as low as it has ever been (although still relatively high) and any GM would be foolish to move him right now.

that said, i would still personally entertain discussions to see exactly what IS being offered- just to know, gauge the market and have a frame of reference for when he might actually command a worthwhile return.

i don't think he's "untradeable" anymore, though (assuming he ever was). when fans/GMs decide to move a star player, they don't mean to move him for NOTHING. in my opinion, i don't think i see vince as the leader that all championship teams seem to require out of their top talent, and would consider moving him for that reason alone. of course, i wouldn't necessarily pull the trigger unless i saw some quality talent (that would fill roster holes and, ideally, help build for the future) coming the other way.

i'm starting to believe that this raptors' roster is stuck in grey space, just wallowing in mediocrity (especially considering its absence of a first-rounder next summer and its current position as a borderline playoff contender). vince is our best player, but maybe he's more important to us as a trading piece. i don't think we'll ever win the championship with this roster and, in my opinion, that is the primary reason to play these games. i'd rather look into what young talent (and draft picks) i could get for vince, and maybe surround chris bosh with those players in the hope that we can become championship contenders in the future.

i'm not saying it's the only way to go, not even saying that it's the RIGHT way to go. i just think it's a possibility worth exploring. after all, trade talk is usually harmless.

peace

·
Registered
564 Posts
mattsanity your such a hypocrit man.. look at what u said first

Did all of you specific people ****in get that through your head? Did it take my series of posts to convince you that Carter is the earth beneath the Raptors, or did it take 7 words right from the mouth of Grunwald to put the nail in the coffin?
then look what u said next

You can't say Vince can't be traded right after Grunwald stated that, when you previously put hundreds of proposed trades involving Vince with hundreds of explanations on how he's a valid player in the departure category.
make up your mind... no wonder nobody takes your posts to seriously..no offence:laugh:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ElevatorMan</b>!
mattsanity your such a hypocrit man.. look at what u said first

then look what u said next

make up your mind... no wonder nobody takes your posts to seriously..no offence:laugh:
Are you saying I've posted proposed trades involving Vince? Now that is FALSE. Read this forum more carefully, before making a post that is a waste of space.

Oh, wait a minute. Didn't I mention anyone that is an equal calibur to Vince and both can be traded? Oh wait a minute, I think I was suggesting that all the lame Raptor fans that made proposed trades should think attentively about a player LIKE a player I mentioned to consider trading for Vince, instead of scrubs, which these users think can be dealt for Vince.
<strike> You're the biggest illiterate on this forum, just for saying that ALONE, no offense</strike>(UNNECESSARY and confrontational. Please refrain from "personal" attacks like this. Thanks.)

·
Registered
539 Posts
do you actually think that GG would say that vince isn't untouchable? how do we kno that GG hasn't looked at some offers for vince? he's not gunna tell the media that his star player could be traded...

·
Registered
564 Posts
Carter bosh, and marsh wont be traded....i doubt aw would be ewither..not sure about rose though.. i dunno still dont see them moving him either

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I know it is symantics but I wish GG had said 'untouchable' rather than 'untradable'.

Because I fear after one more injury he really could be untradable.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
EVERY singe player in the NBA is tradable for the right price. When a GM says someone is untradeable they are lieing. Would the Raptors trade Vince Carter in a package for Shaquille O'Neal? Of course they would. If the price is right, Vince is tradeable.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Slasher</b>!
EVERY singe player in the NBA is tradable for the right price. When a GM says someone is untradeable they are lieing. Would the Raptors trade Vince Carter in a package for Shaquille O'Neal? Of course they would. If the price is right, Vince is tradeable.
Actually any GM that says their player is untradeable is a statement in reality.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.