Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glenn Robinson was traded to Atlanta for Toni Kukoc, Leon Smith, and one of their 1st rounders next year.

Good trade for Atlanta. We'll see how Tim Thomas plays. The 1st rounder should be a high pick.

·
Registered
221 Posts
How is this a high pick Atlanta will be a shoe-in for the playoffs

Terry
Demarr
Shareef
Big Dog
Theo

·
This...is BBB.net
5,416 Posts
Originally posted by jwillbulls8
How is this a high pick Atlanta will be a shoe-in for the playoffs

Terry
Demarr
Shareef
Big Dog
Theo

Reef will play 4 and Robinson will play 3....and I doubt that Demarr will start I see the line-up more like this

D-squared
Terry
Big Dawg
Reef
Theo

With Demar and Nazr coming off the bench.

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Nice trade for the Bucks. Gives Tim Thomas even more playing time and it also adds pt for Michael Redd. Nice trade for the Hawks also. Very good deal.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Originally posted by BCH
He doesn't play enough defense. I think that sums it up nicely.
Neither did Toni Kukoc, so this trade doesn't really hurt us on the defensive end... but it doesn't help either.

·
Registered
29 Posts
this is a good trade i would never have thought of it millwakee get to see what they payed for in tim thomas and atl get a good scorer in lil puppy and a good pick in da draft a good trade all the way around

·
Registered
514 Posts
I I'm remembering correctly doesn't Milwaukee get the draft pick and it is protect pretty good to, so they might not even see it for a couple of years anyways.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the pick in the trade was a luxury, the trade was to get Big Dog and his contract out of Milwaukee, and to get Tim Thomas playing time.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
I beleive with this trade the Hawks have just become a powerhouse in the east. And if Glen Robinson returns to form. That is a very scary team with a healthy Theo Ratliff.

And dont forget that the Bucks are still a top team in the East. I dont know what happened to them the last 2 months of the season. But Kukoc will be able to fill the role big dogg was playing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think that it was good trade for both teams. I was surprised to see that the Bucks got a good package in return considering the legal issues with the Big Dog. Sometimes, that reduces the value of a player when that occurs. :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts