Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
9,649 Posts
furball said:
What kind of assistance to you want? Do you want to throw tax payer money to this group? This is the same group who thought it was a good decision to fire Adelman, PJ, Dunleavy, and Mo, all of who are coaching teams in the playoff race. Do you want to throw money at a group who traded for JR Rider, Shawn Kemp, Bonzi Wells and drafted such luminaries as Eric Barkley, Qyntel Woods, Travis Outlaw, and other winners? I say hell no. Paul Allen wanted to get the Rose Garden built using as little of his own money as possible. He made some very risky deals and they have all failed. He has brought in a bunch of born losers to run this franchise and has completely lost the faith of this city.
:laugh:

· Banned member
28,451 Posts
furball said:
What kind of assistance to you want? Do you want to throw tax payer money to this group? This is the same group who thought it was a good decision to fire Adelman, PJ, Dunleavy, and Mo, all of who are coaching teams in the playoff race.

wow, you might want to check back into reality there bucko..

Carlesimo wasn't a good fit here (or golden state)..how hard is it to win in San Antonio?

Maurice ain't exactly doing great in Philadelphia...they're under-achieving BIG time.

and while they did fire all those guys, they also did *hire* them..

Do you want to throw money at a group who traded for JR Rider, Shawn Kemp, Bonzi Wells and drafted such luminaries as Eric Barkley, Qyntel Woods, Travis Outlaw, and other winners?
why you hating on Travis?
I say hell no. Paul Allen wanted to get the Rose Garden built using as little of his own money as possible. He made some very risky deals and they have all failed. He has brought in a bunch of born losers to run this franchise and has completely lost the faith of this city.

well, the old guard drafted pretty questionable too. If you just glorifiy the positive, it doesn't mean that nothing bad happened.

· Registered
5,731 Posts
Bottom line: Public assistance requires public vote and there is no way in LA that Oregonians are going to be okay with giving the lying, blame-casting billionaire Paul Allen one red cent.

If he sells the team FIRST, then yeah, I think they'd help out the NEW LOCAL owners. A little.

· Banned member
28,451 Posts
MARIS61 said:
Bottom line: Public assistance requires public vote and there is no way in LA that Oregonians are going to be okay with giving the lying, blame-casting billionaire Paul Allen one red cent.

If he sells the team FIRST, then yeah, I think they'd help out the NEW LOCAL owners. A little.
care to explain then, how the remodel of the Convention Centre happened then? or the remodel of PGE Park?

· Registered
5,731 Posts
Hap said:
care to explain then, how the remodel of the Convention Centre happened then? or the remodel of PGE Park?
By public vote I did not mean a direct vote on the financing on a ballot at the polls, although that is often the approach used.

In the cases mentioned I believe they were approved by elected officials after lengthy public input to insure that the public would not retalliate against said officials at the next election, or sooner through recall efforts. I seem to remember some talk about a recall of Vera after the PGE Park contract details came to light.

No elected official would be foolish enough to support Allen's plea for money unless promised a big kickback from Allen to offset the death of their Oregon political career prospects. He is political poison in Oregon right now. The poster boy for unaccountability.

· Banned member
28,451 Posts
MARIS61 said:
By public vote I did not mean a direct vote on the financing on a ballot at the polls, although that is often the approach used.

In the cases mentioned I believe they were approved by elected officials after lengthy public input to insure that the public would not retalliate against said officials at the next election, or sooner through recall efforts. I seem to remember some talk about a recall of Vera after the PGE Park contract details came to light.

No elected official would be foolish enough to support Allen's plea for money unless promised a big kickback from Allen to offset the death of their Oregon political career prospects. He is political poison in Oregon right now. The poster boy for unaccountability.
he's political poison to the uninformed.

thats not saying he's a saint, or the greatest investor, but the fact that he invests money, still, isn't something we need to just piss on because he's "creepy" (not your words).

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.