Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wayne Embry was brought into the Toronto Raptors' organization at the beginning of this season as a "senior adviser" to Rob Babcock, who was embarking on his first assignment as a general manager in the National Basketball Association.

Although most of Emery's work has been conducted quietly behind the scenes, sources within the club are suggesting this could change for next season, with Embry being offered more of a say in the daily running of the Raptors.

"Wayne's role is highly regarded," said one Raptors official, who did not want his name used. "I see some things shifting for Wayne down the road."
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...ry/LAC/20050408/EMBRY08/TPSports/?query=embry

Interesting article. Embry has been around the league for a long time, and I'd love to see him being more involved with the decision making of the team.
Does anyone think that there might be a chance that if Babcock gets fired, Wayne Embry will take over?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
thats what I was thinking too

still can't imagine they'd replace Babcock, but who knows. Doubt the newpapers will let this one go though. No until someone from MLSE stands up and declares full support for Rob. Or something along those lines

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
speedythief said:
What about Embry as team president?
If that would allow the MLSE to fire Peddie, I'm all for it.
Did anyone see him after the game, he was waiting for all the players near the locker room.
Why is he there?

But I must say, for the most part, he's done a good job of not getting involved with this team.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
If that would allow the MLSE to fire Peddie, I'm all for it.
Did anyone see him after the game, he was waiting for all the players near the locker room.
Why is he there?

But I must say, for the most part, he's done a good job of not getting involved with this team.
He's always in or around the tunnel, usually draped along one of the guard rails. Guy makes Glen Grunwald look like a picture of health.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts