Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20040109/RAPTORS09/TPSports/Basketball

O'Neill said he'd start second-year post player Lonny Baxter, who played well against Cleveland on Wednesday, if Bosh can't play, and that newly acquired Robert Archibald may get some minutes. But you get the sense that O'Neill is getting anxious to add another useful big body.
"The thing I would tell him is to take his time," said Vince Carter, who missed significant chunks of the past two seasons with knee trouble. "It's his first year and he doesn't want to miss any games, but he should wait until he's 100 per cent. You don't want this thing to linger, he's got too much upside to let that happen."

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Doesn't sound like Moiso is going to get even a whiff of playing time.

If he doesn't play tonight I hope we trade him very quickly as part of a package. With Murray, Montross for a decent big.

I can't stand knowing that Moiso is just sitting at the end of the bench while the Raps cry about not having another big.

If he had been given 5-10 minutes per game over these first 33 games I have to believe that he would have become a decent 3rd or 4th big man in our rotation. And I doubt our record would be any worse with him playing those limited minutes each game.

Please just trade him and end the agony of waiting to see if he ever gets to play. I would rather have someone that I know for sure is absolutely useless sitting there with no chance of ever playing. Like Vranes or Van de Hare. Then I wouldn't even care if Curry was playing some PF. Really.

It gnaws at my gut that we land a FA like Moiso that none of us thought we had a chance at, and then we don't even play the kid. Oliver Miller probably already has more minutes with Minny than Moiso does with the Raps. (Miller still has great hands by the way).

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
Good to start Lonny hopefully Moiso gets atleast 10 minutes and Archi 5
PG Williams used to be Milt here
SG Peterson
SM Rose Curry here
PF Curry Baxter here
C Marshell

now it will be
Pg Williams
sg Peterson
sm Curry
Pf Moiso/Archibald
C Baxter

???????????????

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
yeah, obviously Moiso doesn't fit for some reason. pretty disappointing, as the closest thing to Bosh in our lineup i expected to see what he could do.

Montross, Murray, and Moiso (and 2nd rounder if necessary) should get decent return.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts