Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Same here.

Except now it seems I've lost about 200 posts.

Glad to see the board back.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Interesting, everything is gone? I was just checking in to see who won the Golden State tickets and nothing is left. Like a NUKE when off and we are the only ones left. :|

·
Registered
794 Posts
Whoa! My boss thanks whoever tanked the database, but bummer for me.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I could not go without BBB for a day it would be a nightmare:banghead:

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
yeah I think my work called them and asked them to shut it down during trade rumor season.. :rofl:

man what a long few hours.... :eek:

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
The server crashed. TrueBlueFan had to use backups from January 18th, which is why we've lost two days of posts, site-wide.

We won't know whether we can recover all the lost posts until a site technician like BCH checks in.

Glad to see the board back, though!

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bfan1</b>!
did we have to go back 2 days?? wow
Hmmmm yes.. we did seem to loose a bunch of threads and posts.

Well hopefully they can recover them.

Some of my best work in threads and posts haev been in the last 2 days too! :eek:

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Minstrel</b>!
The server crashed. TrueBlueFan had to use backups from January 18th, which is why we've lost two days of posts, site-wide.

We won't know whether we can recover all the lost posts until a site technician like BCH checks in.

Glad to see the board back, though!
I doubt it, unless they backed up the server daily.

Which is what I used to do, daily. :)

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ron</b>!

I doubt it, unless they backed up the server daily.

Which is what I used to do, daily. :)
Of course the site was significantly smaller then. Right now each backup requires a significant amount of space, and is currently automated to run on any schedule I want. Right now the schedule is run once every 7 days. Though I don't forsee this being an issue again, I will probably move the update schedule of the db to daily.

The downtime was not because it couldn't be fixed. The downtime was due to the fact that I had to rebuild the database again, which requires nothing more than time, as there are multiple tables in excess of 1GB each.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
The downtime was not because it couldn't be fixed. The downtime was due to the fact that I had to rebuild the database again, which requires nothing more than time, as there are multiple tables in excess of 1GB each.
Thanks for the awesome work.:)

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BCH</b>!

Of course the site was significantly smaller then.
Not really.

The site was at least half the size it is now, if not bigger, and the backups took all of 1 minute.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
You are kidding right?

I took over this site September 30th 2002. Since then we have grown significantly.

Just taking a quick look on 9/30 we are looking at about 80K posts.

A quick glance and the post count now shows more than 10x that number. Your post, for example, is 910702.

The growth of the database is not linear either. As post count grows, so does the search index, as well as many other things like the number of custom avatars, selectable avatars, attachments, etc. So while the post count may be 10x more, the growth of the database is significantly more than that.

We could not even hold the historical backups we do today, on the server we started with.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I don't care if we went back 2 days..i am happy that we are back..lol

Since we went back 2 days does that means Monday they still may do a trade?....:laugh:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Man it scared me

At first I thought my work blocked me from using the site. (lucky for me my best friend at work is head of the IT department)

Glad we are back up and running!! Woot!

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BCH</b>!
You are kidding right?
Mod wars.

Yep, only right-ch-ere on the Blazer board. We get it all, folks. :clap: ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts