Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only Nets fan who prefers going strong to the lottery instead of playing 4 ridiculous games against Miami?
I know that this draft isn't perfect, but there's a huge different between the 7-10 pick to the 15th pick.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
X-JAY said:
Am I the only Nets fan who prefers going strong to the lottery instead of playing 4 ridiculous games against Miami?
I know that this draft isn't perfect, but there's a huge different between the 7-10 pick to the 15th pick.
Clippers?

If the Clippers make the playoffs, we get their pick this year, instead of unprotected next year...

Boo LOSE CLIPPERS!!!

-Petey

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Petey said:
Clippers?

If the Clippers make the playoffs, we get their pick this year, instead of unprotected next year...

Boo LOSE CLIPPERS!!!

-Petey
LOL, they're "only" 6 games from the playoffs you are right I'll root for them only when they won't have any chance.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
X-JAY said:
LOL, they're "only" 6 games from the playoffs you are right I'll root for them only when they won't have any chance.
Our luck bounces the wrong way all the time... I won't be shocked if Brand turned into Duncan and Magette turns into Kobe for their remaining games.

-Petey

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
X-JAY said:
The rest of that statement and the fact that you're happy with the fact they lost today puts the "Nets fan" part in question.

Why don't you explain the difference between the 11th pick (where they are now) and the 15th pick (where they would land if they got the 8 seed), since projections still have a long time before everything is ironed out.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Nope...even if this draft was deep, playoffs is better...besides, we're on the outside looking in and we're close to getting an 8th seed...sorry 5 slots up won't mean much difference...

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Mogriffjr said:
Nope...even if this draft was deep, playoffs is better...besides, we're on the outside looking in and we're close to getting an 8th seed...sorry 5 slots up won't mean much difference...
But this draft is deep, the knock on it is, is that there isn't any franchise talents in it.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
you never know. maybe shaq is hurt and plays at 50%. maybe rj comes back and revitalizes the team. maybe we get 7th. maybe collins and robinson minimize shaq's impact. maybe shaq gets his but we outplay and outcoach everyone else.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
schub said:
The rest of that statement and the fact that you're happy with the fact they lost today puts the "Nets fan" part in question.

Why don't you explain the difference between the 11th pick (where they are now) and the 15th pick (where they would land if they got the 8 seed), since projections still have a long time before everything is ironed out.
If we're in the lottery and lucky enough we can pick players like Taft and Boone (if they declare), but if we pick from the 15th spot we won't be able to get a good PF since those are too rare nowadays and they belong to the high picks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts