Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
He got my vote. Even this early, Jay is showing even more poise than I could have hoped for.

Consider me your alderman and the Bulls mods to be the precinct captains. Get out the vote!

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I wouldn't bet my money on J Will at all.

Don't get me wrong, J is coming along exactly like I thought he would. This includes his high turnovers, low FG%, teammate UNfamiliarity. But somehow i'm really impressed by what he is TRYING to do, rather than what he's put up statistically. For this reason, I don't see him beating Jamal Tinsley's stats from last season. There are so much things we'll get from Jay that won't show up in the box score this year, excpet for perhaps the W column.

I think the competition this year is the toughest I've seen in a while. Something about Tskitishvili and Hilario scares the :upset: out of me, and like BCH saide players like Caron Butler and Dejuan Wagner will have the opportunity to play from the get-go.

I don't think Jay can get ROY with Jamal on this team. Or Jalen Rose for that matter. Or Cartwright for that matter, who'd prefer he get double-didjits in dimes than points.

Is Gooden playing SF lately? With the talent loaded at the Grizz PF position, he hasn't seemed to have trouble scoring 20+ points an grabbing 15+ boards. Scary.

Butler I'm really not too big on. He seemed to be everyone's favorite, but I see him as sort of thug. I see him being traded to the Blazers in a couple of years. We'll see. I honestly didn't think J Richardson would be that good last year.

Don't forget about Yao Ming - I'm a believer in this guy.

What #'s would you expect for a ROY point guard? Can Jay earn those #'s. I'm iffy, real iffy.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Big men also traditionally have worse years then guards... I think Gooden will be overwhelmed by the change in speed from Preseason and Regular Season.

As for Juanny, that blood clot issue and his other health problems have me thinking he may not have the greatest year.

As for Caron, it depends on Pat Riley. We all know that if Caron slouches on D, he'll be on the pine... and I think he'll struggle early with the experience of NBA 3s, especially in his division.

I'll take Williams for the fact that I think out team can have the greatest turnaround season, and he'll get his share of credit for it, believe that.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Seriuously, I do see Wagner winning the ROY award. He will have as many minutes and touches as he deserves. People usually look at the statistics and Wagner will have a lot of those.
(( If the Bulls somehow deal Crawford away then i will go with Williams as my top candidate. ))

And for the Runner-up, i wouldn't be surprised if the name was Yao Ming. Houston's coach seems to like playing Ming immediately instead of waiting. And I dont' blame him. How can u play Cato when u have a guy 7-6 with skills sitting on the bench?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts