Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
100,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of goals do you have, LoyalBull, for us mods of Southeast teams and each of our forums? Also, Southeast mods post what kind of goals you have for your team's forum this offseason/next season.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Im sorry it has taken me so long to respond!

Basically what I feel comprises the best posting environments are/is the following:

Intellegent Posting: Obviously what I look to avoid is pissing contests between posters. ESPECIALLY between posters and mods. I would like the "hater" and "homer" type of posts to curbed towards respect.

The key to any forum aquiring and maintaining users is a place they feel valued and/or familiar and comfortable with.

This means addressing even suspectively stupid or naive posts with kid gloves at first. Ask posters to think a different way when giving a rebuttal to something the poster disagrees with.

Forums should be a place where fans come to chat about their team... not where the fans come to gang up on fans of other teams.

I guess what I am saying is that I want the climate of the forums to be one that invites ANYONE to participate... not that the forum is the "property" of the fans that have an affinity for that team.

Recruiting: Unfortuatnely this is the tough one. It takes some effort to try and bring new posters over to this forum.

ESPECIALLY with teams like the Hawks and Bobcats, there just isn't much of a fan base to begin with. For these forums, I invite the mods to start discussion pieces about off topic NBA happenings. A good example of this is the Bulls forum who will OT a number of NBA happenings. While I encourage fans to explore other forums on the site, it breeds a sense of belonging to discuss other teams on 'ones' own' forum.

I would like to see the teams that are hurting (Orlando, Atlanta and the Bobcats) focus on the draft instead of pitfalls.

Recruiting is a necessary evil to make sure that we keep new posters inside the forums. I'd like everyone to be actively trying to enlarge their communities.

Respect/Curbing the masked swearing: We are able to have great forums without crude or derogatory language. People who are not so sensitive to such things haven't been known to leave a community becuase no one is swearing enough. But people who ARE senstive are likely to leave communities that do.

I'd like to see deliberate chatising, baiting, disrespect and swearing all but eliminated.

If this means asking the strong personalities of the board to be more responsible and tone it down a bit than so be it.

This board has better features and more options than most!

What we must constantly strive to be is more highbrow and attract the more active and intellegent posters. We need to be consistent as mods to those we agree with and those we don't.

I guess the better question is... what do you guys want from me?

What can I do to help YOU guys out?

:)

·
Premium Member
100,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LoyalBull said:
I guess the better question is... what do you guys want from me?

What can I do to help YOU guys out?

:)
Basically, just post in the Magic forum as often as you can. Help JNice and I by replying to the current topics, and maybe even start a thread every now and then. I'd say that JNice and I have everything else under control. Editing is rarely, if ever needed and I've had some recent success recruiting, that hope will help us get through the offseason without losing all activity even without much going on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts