2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

· Registered
1,622 Posts

· Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
soup said:
When is the last time a Rider coach was mentioned in connection with a major head coaching job?
Kevin Bannon, the Big East. Rider has chosen not to spend any money on head coaches, an issue that I feel needs to be addressed. Harnum was a good hire, we'll see what happens next.

· Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Memphis95Raleigh04 said:
And thats the reason Rider should not be in the MAAC
Like I have posted before, now that Rider has the largest athletic budget in the conference, I would fully support a move from the MAAC. I have zero respect the conference. It is run by a bunch of idiots whose member schools are marginal on most fronts.

· Registered
1,549 Posts
RiderRaver said:
Like I have posted before, now that Rider has the largest athletic budget in the conference, I would fully support a move from the MAAC. I have zero respect the conference. It is run by a bunch of idiots whose member schools are marginal on most fronts.
Raver how are we (Maac schools) marginal?

Iona went to the NCAAs and had a good showing against a final 4 team

Manhattan won a few games in the NIT

Siena went from the bottom to contending for the season title

St petes had/has a kid who led the nation in scoring, and had a good showing on national TV last night

All these things and Rider finished at the bottom, and how are "we" marginal? How can you have no respect for the conference when you finished no where near the top.

If we are marginal, who are you comparing us to? Big East? ACC, Pac10?

· Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MCHowie said:
Raver how are we (Maac schools) marginal?

Iona went to the NCAAs and had a good showing against a final 4 team

Manhattan won a few games in the NIT

Siena went from the bottom to contending for the season title

St petes had/has a kid who led the nation in scoring, and had a good showing on national TV last night

All these things and Rider finished at the bottom, and how are "we" marginal? How can you have no respect for the conference when you finished no where near the top.

If we are marginal, who are you comparing us to? Big East? ACC, Pac10?
I am comparing you to Rider University, every MAAC school is inferior in many regards. Rider has been outrecruiting the league across all sports, especially in basketball, has built state of the art athletic facilities, has the largest budget, has the best location, has two campuses, has skyrocketing enrollment, has more accreditations. The list goes on and on.

· Registered
1,549 Posts
RiderRaver said:
I am comparing you to Rider University, every MAAC school is inferior in many regards. Rider has been outrecruiting the league across all sports, especially in basketball, has built state of the art athletic facilities, has the largest budget, has the best location, has two campuses, has skyrocketing enrollment, has more accreditations. The list goes on and on.
Oh, ok, thanks. That clears everything up.

· Registered
1,549 Posts
RiderRaver said:
This year:

MENS:

Baseball 5-17
Basketball 8-20
Soccer 7-9
Tennis 0-3

Womens:

basketball 3-25
soccer 3-15
softball 10-9
Tennis 0-3

You only have one program in your school with a WINNING record. By one win. Get swept in a double header and it's ZERO winning pprograms.

Please, by all means - correct me if i'm wrong.

· Registered
105 Posts
Wow. With a conference record of 4-14, imagine how bad Rider would have done had they not been out-recruiting the rest of the MAAC in basketball. Oh, but maybe you're talking about the women's basketball program. Hmmm, 2-16.

Why don't you tell us again about the Milli Vanilli Choir College, or Rider's amazing 3rd place finish in the prestigious Bob Barker Bocce Tournament.

· Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MCHowie said:
This year:

MENS:

Baseball 5-17
Basketball 8-20
Soccer 7-9
Tennis 0-3

Womens:

basketball 3-25
soccer 3-15
softball 10-9
Tennis 0-3

You only have one program in your school with a WINNING record. By one win. Get swept in a double header and it's ZERO winning pprograms.

Please, by all means - correct me if i'm wrong.

You are wrong. Tennis just beat Fordham, LaSalle and Holy Cross, the Golf team is again very successful, placing 2nd at a tournament down South, the baseball team took 2 out of 3 from Marist and is 2-1 in MAAC play and already had a ROW award, the baseball team and softball team will be at or near the top of the MAAC as they are every year. The men's and women's Swimming and Diving teams, along with Marist dominate the conference, the Men's Track & Field teams along with Manhattan dominate the conference, the wrestling team competes at a high level than MAAC, the fieldhockey team dominates the Northeast, MAAC schools cannot even field a team. This is just some recent highlights. Rider has had some coaching changes and had one of its poorer athletic years in 2005 with a lot of young teams, injuries and new coaches, yet the Rider men are still in 5th place in MAAC Cup standings with the Spring sports surely a boost for Rider.

In other words, even when Rider is down, it is still better than the MAAC.

· Registered
1,549 Posts
RiderRaver said:
You are wrong. Tennis just beat Fordham, LaSalle and Holy Cross, the Golf team is again very successful, placing 2nd at a tournament down South, the baseball team took 2 out of 3 from Marist and is 2-1 in MAAC play and already had a ROW award, the baseball team and softball team will be at or near the top of the MAAC as they are every year. The men's and women's Swimming and Diving teams, along with Marist dominate the conference, the Men's Track & Field teams along with Manhattan dominate the conference, the wrestling team competes at a high level than MAAC, the fieldhockey team dominates the Northeast, MAAC schools cannot even field a team. This is just some recent highlights. Rider has had some coaching changes and had one of its poorer athletic years in 2005 with a lot of young teams, injuries and new coaches, yet the Rider men are still in 5th place in MAAC Cup standings with the Spring sports surely a boost for Rider.

In other words, even when Rider is down, it is still better than the MAAC.

Ok, thanks, now that we are clear - could you do me a favor, please update my stats/records with the correct overall standings for the sports i mentioned along with the ones i allegedly missed.

i.e. if the baseball team is not 5-17 in overall play, please, fix it.

· Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MCHowie said:
Ok, thanks, now that we are clear - could you do me a favor, please update my stats/records with the correct overall standings for the sports i mentioned along with the ones i allegedly missed.

i.e. if the baseball team is not 5-17 in overall play, please, fix it.
Isn't it funny that Rider freshmen always seem to win one of the first ROW awards? Did you ever wonder why that is?

MAAC Rookie of the Week
JIM KENNEDY, RIDER
Freshman, RHP, 6-1/185, Levittown, Pa./Holy Ghost Prep

Kennedy picked up his first two collegiate victories last week, defeating Saint Joseph's on the road and against Marist at home. For the week, he struck out eight batters and walked three while earning a 1.68 ERA in the two victories.

· Registered
1,549 Posts
RiderRaver said:
Isn't it funny that Rider freshmen always seem to win one of the first ROW awards? Did you ever wonder why that is?

MAAC Rookie of the Week
JIM KENNEDY, RIDER

Kennedy picked up his first two collegiate victories last week, defeating Saint Joseph's on the road and against Marist at home. For the week, he struck out eight batters and walked three while earning a 1.68 ERA in the two victories.
Congrats. now please update the overall standings of all your sports.

· Registered
1,549 Posts
RiderRaver said:
I will not correct your mistakes.
Because there are none.

· Registered
132 Posts
RiderRaver said:

MAAC Rookie of the Week
JIM KENNEDY, RIDER

Then they get so engrossed with their studies that they give up completely on athletics. If Princeton wasn't so close, Rider would have been invited to join the Ivy League long ago.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.