Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Personally I never understood why Portland gave up on him so easily. Stupid move, man, stupid move. He always put up good numbers with the limited time he was in. I'd much rather have him as our starting PG than that Damon guy we have. I miss him.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
He would look good there right now in a Blazer uniform...

ahead of Gill/Cook

I thought we should have retained him.

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
hmmm.

McInnis now starting and succeeding in Cleveland.

Daniels now starting and succeeding in Seattle.

and we feature.....Damon Stoudamire and two dudes who couldn't get drafted. :(

well, at least Rod Strickland still stinks, Pippen broke down and Greg Anthony remains retired.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>theWanker</b>!
hmmm.

McInnis now starting and succeeding in Cleveland.
um...when did shooting a WHOLE lot worse, and averaging fewer points equal success?

considering Damons average assist #'s have almost doubled since the trade, and Jeff's has gone up 1.6, I wouldn't deem this a sucess for Jeff....

Daniels now starting and succeeding in Seattle.
bully for him. But he wouldn't be the difference maker in Portland.

I think Daniels would have been a good keep, but at the same time, players like Daniels are a dime a dozen (we just happen to not be spending too many dimes lately).

and we feature.....Damon Stoudamire and two dudes who couldn't get drafted. :(
so it's about being drafted? Doesn't it say a lot that a guy who was the 4th pick in the draft has never averaged over 10 ppg, over 4.5 assists a game (in his rookie year) or played more than 27 minutes a game?

so flipping what those guys weren't drafted. Neither was Ben Wallace or Brad Miller. Would you not want them on the team if they were somehow offered to Portland because they weren't drafted?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts