Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm, its gonna be a game tying shot to take it to overtime, he could give it to the player thats SUCKING (Maggette), or...... he could give it to the player having his best game of the season and cant be defended by this Laker team (Brand), hmm, o YES HELL GIVE IT TO MAGGETTE, thats what hell do, cuz hes so smart...hmm, there goes Maggette, and he drops the ball, as he so often did in the game, and the desperation three doesnt go in, wow, he sure made a GREAT call...

·
Registered
920 Posts
Hey Im as pissed as you are. I personally would have liked for Marko to shoot the last shot. He's the one who got the Clippers back into the game in the final minutes of the 4th quarter.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
WHy in hell did he sit Wilcox the whole game?:confused:

Im sure Peja Drobnak is a better choice.:laugh: :D :shy: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well...on the one hand....

I can see Mike's rationale for calling on Corey to take the ball in. He figured at least that, with just two points in deficit, he could go hard to the post with Corey, who just so happens to get to the line more than practically anyone else in the league and is automatic from the line. SO, he essentially rolled the dice on what would normally be considered a good gamble. Unfortunately, he didn't factor in the possibility of him FUMBLING the ball! Ugh.

Sure, Marko had the hot hand with 3 treys but, that wasn't exactly the best time to finally miss a deep shot, with hordes of Flakers gobbling up the paint. I probably would have made the same call. I think the turnovers really killed them.

At any rate, with such a close game, the best offense is truly that...go hard and fast to the rim and chance on drawing a foul as well. Be glad the Clips have that fundamental down. I'm so sick of my Blazers jacking up threes at the end of games and missing them when the deficit is just two points, and sometimes just ONE point! Arrrrrgh!

And where was Wilcox the whole game? :confused: He's usually good for an energy boost!

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
And where was Wilcox the whole game? He's usually good for an energy boost!
That was what I was wondering too???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts