Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good luck tonight.

I heard an interview with your coach this morning on a local sports talk show. It sounds like he's not happy at all with the A.D. over the suspension. He says there's more to it.

He also said he was shocked that the game is at the FedExForum. He said he assumed it was going to be at the Pyramid.

As of this morning the Huskies hadn't been able to practice at FEF. Instead, they practiced at the Finch Center, the men's basketball facility on campus. He went on about how nice it was. He said it looked like an NBA facility.

He talked about moving to the new conference. He said it's going to be tougher and he also talked about the extended travel up and down the Atlantic seaboard.

Sounded like a pretty good guy.

Anyway, I'm outta here. I'm going to pick up my dad, uncle & 2 cousins and we're heading downtown for a quick dinner before heading over to FedExForum for the game.

Good luck tonight!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
So does that mean Everhart thinks its OK for his guys to punch people in the face? (That is a rhetorical question)

·
Registered
229 Posts
A couple quotes that I found in Northeastern University's Student newspaper that came out today (Wednesday)

From coach Everhart:
"By suspending [Barea], you're saying he embarrassed our program," said Everhart. "I'm 100 percent behind my player. He's never not stood behind me. I wholeheartedly disagree with this decision."

From JJB:
"I was just trying to punch the ball loose, " Barea said. "I talked to [Martin Klimes] after the game and he even said I didn't hit him. If I wanted to hit him, I would have hit him, but I've never done anything like that."

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Hoops NU said:
From JJB:
"I was just trying to punch the ball loose, " Barea said. "I talked to [Martin Klimes] after the game and he even said I didn't hit him. If I wanted to hit him, I would have hit him, but I've never done anything like that."

What else was Martin going to say to him? "Yeah, you hit me *******" ?? I am sure Martin just didn't care, and decided to be nice about it, he is one of the nicest people you will ever meet, and I am sure he didn't want to start anything so he just told him that JJB didnt hit him.

·
Registered
275 Posts
From coach Everhart:
"By suspending [Barea], you're saying he embarrassed our program," said Everhart. "I'm 100 percent behind my player. He's never not stood behind me. I wholeheartedly disagree with this decision."
He did embarass the university and the America East. Good for the AD - it's tough to do the right thing when there could be so much positive exposure for the program with the NIT appearance.

·
Registered
799 Posts
It astounds me how anyone can possibly say Barea wasn't punching Klimes. When these people defend him, they end up looking dumb.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
It's obvious that Everhart continues to perpetuate the lousy behavior of his players. This is a systematic problem at NU. I'm sure he was just making a play for JJB to stay next year, which I think there is zero chance of at this point. I am suprised NU fans are still defending him, you'd think they would eventually tire of his antics.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am surprised that UVM fans won't let things rest. O'Brien did the right thing. Barea got suspended. UVM is in the the Big Dance. Get on with life. In the grand annals of basketball offenses this isn't exactly Kermit Washington taking out Rudy Tomjonavich.

On another note to umbluegray, you know things are ugle when Jerome Kirkland and Jeff Farmer are getting lots of minutes. The game isn't over yet, but it is over if you know what I mean. An early congradulations and good luck in the NIT from here on in.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Why attack UVM when fans from many different teams are embarrassed and upset by Barea's actions?

·
Premium Member
33,462 Posts
Catshoopfan said:
I hope Memphis wins by 20, and that Washington kid drops 30 on the Huskies!
The game was last night....(sigh, headshake).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts