Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The good news: Rashard Lewis' shoulder injury is not serious and will not require surgery.
The bad news: The Sonics fell 84-75 to the Warriors in preseason action in Montana on Tuesday. Desmond Mason and Brent Barry teamed up for 26 points, but the Sonics couldn't overcome the absences of Lewis and Gary Payton who was given a night off.

http://www.nba.com/games/20021008/GSWSEA/recap.html

Other news and notes...

The Sonics have trimmed their preseason roster to 15, requesting waivers on Eric Chenowith, Sean Colson, Jonathan Kerner, Ron Rollerson and Jameel Watkins on Tuesday, October 9.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
At least, Brent and Desmond seemed to have it together. I still think the Sonics will play hard this year with Nate as their coach, as he is the same as a coach as he was a player - give it everything type.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been quietly rooting for Desmond ever since he was drafted, just because he always seemed like an underrated performer. I think this is the year for him to step it up and reach that next tier. And we all know about Brent Barry, who is vastly underrated. Heck, this whole Sonics team is underrated and that makes them exciting, which is why everyone needs to start posting here to support this team full of young studs and overachievers!!

:bbanana:

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Great cheering reply for these Sonics, KC!

I like Desmond, too, and have since I saw him play the first time. I think you might be right; these Sonics are underrated....hmmmmm. I would guess that means they might be good on some fantasy pick, right? :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts