Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the hell are the magic doing, 3 min!!!!!!! we did 100 top players and his average was like high 50's which theoretically means he would be top 2-3 talent on any team, and although that might not be the case he shouldnt be coming off the bench in this league. He doesnt play a style where he can get by with inconsistent minutes, you think he might be traded, or howard traded very soon, its one thing to bench him to try something new in the middle of a 19 game losing streak, but if management hasnt noticed there is no hope for this team this year and no reason to have a "spark" off the bench when the starters cant stay in games. This is a bunch of .... and im getting pissed.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope so, kinda, in the fact he only played 3 min, but even the 18 and 20 he's been playing isnt enough.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>goNBAjayhawks</b>!
I hope so, kinda, in the fact he only played 3 min, but even the 18 and 20 he's been playing isnt enough.
Supposedly he had a hip pointer and that is the reason he didnt come back.

They definitely need to ship out Juwan though because his presence is killing Gooden. I have a feeling Orlando might be showcasing Juwan a bit right now to increase interest.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Originally posted by <b>goNBAjayhawks</b>!
it's a funny thing....playing time usually increases when a player follows the coach's instructions. i'm sure Gooden's minutes will increase once he learns to be unselfish. of course, increased minutes doesn't guarantee increased production. Gooden isn't the player that his college fans think he is.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Zeus</b>!

it's a funny thing....playing time usually increases when a player follows the coach's instructions. i'm sure Gooden's minutes will increase once he learns to be unselfish. of course, increased minutes doesn't guarantee increased production. Gooden isn't the player that his college fans think he is.
I havent really seen anything wrong with Gooden's play when he has been in the games. He is certainly no more selfish than Juwan. Once Juwan gets the ball, he rarely gives it up.

Gooden has proven since he came into the league that he isnt good playing off the bench and he isnt good playing out of position, anywhere other than PF. I was not a fan of Gooden at all in college, but I believe he is a very good player. I still believe if he is the starter and getting big minutes he could average close to 20-10 a game. He is very capable of 20-10 in any one game and has even done it coming off the bench.

This team as is is going nowhere, there is no reason to limit Gooden's development by keeping him on the bench in favor of an aging veteran and forcing him to play out of position much of the time.

·
Registered
591 Posts
yea whos a good C we can get Juwan for maybe Lorenzen Wright? but the grizzlies arent gonna want a soft PF maybe we could mix somebody in like de clerq.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>darkballa</b>!
yea whos a good C we can get Juwan for maybe Lorenzen Wright? but the grizzlies arent gonna want a soft PF maybe we could mix somebody in like de clerq.
I wouldnt mind Wright. He is a decent player. He is small for C but plays pretty well at the position.

I honestly cant see anyone giving us much for Juwan ... he plays the most loaded position in the NBA and there isnt really anyone in dire need of a decent scoring PF.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts