Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im from Minny, and grew up watching the gophers, and to my memory, this is the worst team i have ever seen them have. And i dont get it. They got basically the same team as last year, minus rickert, but add a better humphries and iffy, but can run the point boone. I just dont get the struggles. They have good recruts from minny(Webb and Tolakson) and a pg from Cali, who is suppose to be the real deal, coming in next year. If Humphries stays, and with Kane a young player, and boone a vet leader, they could do damage in the big ten, but i still dont see that happening. Why? DAN MONSON!! Horrible coach. He has seen our two best players in the last 6 years(Rickert and Pryzabilla) leave early, and he was a good reason for them leaving. The only good move he has done was changing humphries mind to come here instead of duke. He RECRUTED JERRY HOLMAN, AND SAID THE KID WAS GREAT!!!! Look at gonzaga, they all of a sudden got a lot better once he left, maybe Minny should get a new coach. Although Haskins was a cheat, he got most of his good players to stay atleast 3 years, and he was pretty competative. Oh how i wish haskins wasnt a cheater, cuz minny's program would be much different now.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Nashdaddy25</b>!
Im from Minny, and grew up watching the gophers, and to my memory, this is the worst team i have ever seen them have. And i dont get it. They got basically the same team as last year, minus rickert, but add a better humphries and iffy, but can run the point boone. I just dont get the struggles. They have good recruts from minny(Webb and Tolakson) and a pg from Cali, who is suppose to be the real deal, coming in next year. If Humphries stays, and with Kane a young player, and boone a vet leader, they could do damage in the big ten, but i still dont see that happening. Why? DAN MONSON!! Horrible coach. He has seen our two best players in the last 6 years(Rickert and Pryzabilla) leave early, and he was a good reason for them leaving. The only good move he has done was changing humphries mind to come here instead of duke. He RECRUTED JERRY HOLMAN, AND SAID THE KID WAS GREAT!!!! Look at gonzaga, they all of a sudden got a lot better once he left, maybe Minny should get a new coach. Although Haskins was a cheat, he got most of his good players to stay atleast 3 years, and he was pretty competative. Oh how i wish haskins wasnt a cheater, cuz minny's program would be much different now.
I agree with you completely. Humphries is better than Rickert but I really wish that Rick should have stayed for a year or two along with Kris to give Minnesota more depth in the frontcourt. That would be great but neverthless, Rick decided to opt out of Minnesota. It would be different, with a slightly bit better record. Dan is why the Minnesota have the worst team ever in the school history. I don't see why the Athletic Director, I forgot his name, anyways have hired Monson in the first place. I really liked Clem Haskins, regardless of what he have done to ruin the basketball programs. I wish Jan Ganglehoff (spelling) should have use more of her common sense not to let herself in the way. Oh well, things happens alot in late 1990's. If not for a weakass person like Ganglehoff, that would be a turnaround for the Minnesota's basketball program.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts