Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
seriously, i am happy that he is being confident. i think optimism is one of the reasons why the nets did so good last season. if they had said "we can't do it", they wouldn't have gotten anywhere.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree. It's that winning attidude that helps. Remember how refreshing it was when Kidd basically guaranteed we'd be .500+?

It's going to be so nice to not watch players get easy baskets because of the weak defense of KVH and Mac. Mutumbo will deter a lot of people driving to the basket, as will the fact that Martin will be much closer to the basket this year, so he'll help out and block more shots.

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BBallFan</b>!
I agree. It's that winning attidude that helps. Remember how refreshing it was when Kidd basically guaranteed we'd be .500+?

It's going to be so nice to not watch players get easy baskets because of the weak defense of KVH and Mac. Mutumbo will deter a lot of people driving to the basket, as will the fact that Martin will be much closer to the basket this year, so he'll help out and block more shots.
i agree with your post 100%.

and kidd's guarantee of a .500+ season was what sparked the team's confidence. i was extremely happy when i heard kidd making that guarantee. he could have been a complete pessimist joining the team, but he showed how determined he is and how great of a leader he is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts