Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shaq for Odom, Butler, Grant and 1st rounder.

Since Lakers can't make the P, Odom has a big contract, Grant has a bad contract and Butler has one yr left in the contract, I give Lakers a "C". I am dreaming about Heat 1st round pick.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
F

Any trade that takes you from a perennial championship favorite to a team that is struggling to make the playoffs, while taking the other team from a team that struggled to make the playoffs and turning them into a perennial championship favorite is nothing but a big fat F.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Well first off the trade dead line is gone and past, and with the season the Heat having with Shaq i dont think they will give him up....

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
I'll give it a C/C+, it had to be done, and it was done with long term goals in mind, but we could have gotten something better.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Butler would get a contract like 6 years $45M (MLE 2006-07)

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
madskillz1_99 said:
I'll give it a C/C+, it had to be done, and it was done with long term goals in mind, but we could have gotten something better.
Could have nipped this in the bud and traded Kobe a year or two ago, and the Lakers would still be championship contenders, most likely favorites. They made the worst possible decision, they let Kobe force their hand w/ his free agency.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
A++ for the Heat...D- for the Lakers. The Heat are the favorites to win the East and the championship after being a mid-seed playoff team last year while the Lakers are in a race for 8th (which they're probably going to lose) fresh off of the 2004 Finals.

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
SeaNet said:
Could have nipped this in the bud and traded Kobe a year or two ago, and the Lakers would still be championship contenders, most likely favorites. They made the worst possible decision, they let Kobe force their hand w/ his free agency.
uh no. What happens when Shaq retires and Kobe is still going strong?

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
SeaNet said:
F

Any trade that takes you from a perennial championship favorite to a team that is struggling to make the playoffs, while taking the other team from a team that struggled to make the playoffs and turning them into a perennial championship favorite is nothing but a big fat F.
:yes:

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
madskillz1_99 said:
You rebuild having won 3 more championships, and you may very well have someone like TMac to build around. How would that be different than now, other than the fact that Miami will be winning those titles?

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
madskillz1_99 said:
Why don't you trade Kobe then, since Sasha Vujacic is younger. What happens when Kobe retires and Sasha Vujacic is still going strong.

Ohh, that's right, that would be stupid, since Kobe is a lot better. I guess you should keep the "better" player, after all. Not necessarily the younger one.

·
Banned
336 Posts
madskillz1_99 said:
The Heat will be a middle tier team rebuilding around a very good guard. Very simular to what the Lakers are right now. The difference being that the Heat will have a shot at the Championship the next two years whereas the Lakers will not.

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
Pan Mengtu said:
Why don't you trade Kobe then, since Sasha Vujacic is younger. What happens when Kobe retires and Sasha Vujacic is still going strong.

Ohh, that's right, that would be stupid, since Kobe is a lot better. I guess you should keep the "better" player, after all. Not necessarily the younger one.
Yeah, comparing Kobe and Vujacic is EXACTLY the same as comparing Kobe and Shaq. Get real. Aren't you supposed to be a good "arguer" or something?

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
madskillz1_99 said:
Yeah, comparing Kobe and Vujacic is EXACTLY the same as comparing Kobe and Shaq. Get real. Aren't you supposed to be a good "arguer" or something?
Dude, three people just hammered your argument, and this is what you come back w/? Either concede or truly challenge the point.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
of course F replace Grant with E Jones: D- Jones can get better than 3pts a game and he does play defense!

but, the Lakers were not going to give $30mil a year for a 37yr old fat Shaq "which he was as a laker" And the Heat won't either! If Shaq takes less money from the Heat than he would from the lakers, then he needed to be gone!

What happens after next year when Shaq is a FA ?? What do the Heat have then?? Wade scoring 56pts and losing ???

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
You can be assured Riley is confident of an extension after he gave up 2 young players to acquire shaq. Shaq will be resigned, just it hasnt been discussed this year because both shaq and riley have said it will be better to be discussed in the offseason

1 - 20 of 121 Posts