• B

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • C

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • D

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm Withholding Judgement Until The Trade Deadline!

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • I'm Withholding Judgement Until Next Season!

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Who Cares.......Bob Whitsitt Is My Hero!

Votes: 3 5.8%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
I loved TRADER BOB and no not the person in BBB..lol..

but i would have to give them a C+ so far....if they didn't trade BONZI i would have given them a F for sure

EDIT:

WOW totally forgot the MILES trade..lol..as much as i like JEFF...we got a good player in MILES so i upgrade the grade to a B-

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
I'm tempted to vote that Whitsitt's my hero, but I voted "C", instead. I give them a "D" for the Wells trade and a "B" for the Miles trade, which works out to a C.

I would probably make it a C- considering how strangely they've been handling the active roster (has any Blazers team EVER been at 11 men as often as Portland's been? With a guy injured like last night we were down to 10 and with Rasheed ejected we were down to 9. Poor roster management) but a C is close enough.

Ed O.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Originally posted by <b>blazerfan4life</b>!

but i would have to give them a C+ so far....if they didn't trade BONZI i would have given them a F for sure
You'd have given them an F for trading McInnis for Miles?

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
I thought about "withholding judgement".

But I'd give them a B right now, with the obvious view that the grade could go up or down pretty easily over the next couple of months.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Fork</b>!

You'd have given them an F for trading McInnis for Miles?
I KNOW I KNOW i just remembered about that trade..lol..i fixed it to a B- for both trades so far..but deadline hasn't passed yet...:laugh:

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
I'd probably have to go with a B.

when they didn't get the green light from Paul Allen to nab Payton, we all knew it was going to be about saving money and getting character guys, not winning.

I disagree with this strategy, but that is another matter. PatterNash are merely following the direction Paul Allen is setting.

with that in mind, they got a potentially nice draft pick and Person for Bonzi. that's decent value, in retrospect. some argue Bonzi was worth more if we traded him earlier, but who could predict he'd have such a crappy season? as Bonzi lingers on the Grizzly bench putting up very mundane SG numbers, the deal looks better for us.

I am starting to love the McInnis for Miles deal, which in the long run will be remembered as the biggest move they've made so far.

Stepania seems like a reasonable acquisition, as does Cook. we'll see about Gill.

seems like we could've got SOMETHING for Sabonis's expiring contract, but again it wasn't in line with the priorities set by Paul Allen.

within the constraints imposed by Allen in getting nicer players who cost less, I'd say management has done a pretty good job.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
I gave em an A for trading Bonzi...

hehe..jk Ed..

I gave em a "withholding comment" until next season.

If we were to grade TB on his first year, especially if we were being a buncha cry babies like we are now, he would have been hung. (TP, Drexler, and I believe, Kersey all gone)

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Withholding until next season. They've been up and down this season, but let's see where they're going with all this.

So far, a C, just to be nice and balanced.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
It really is hard to give them a grade right now. They seem to be doing what they said they were going to do.

Nash has stated that it is going to be a two year window to get to the point he wants, but he didn't say that Portland was going to be a Champion in two years either.

I want to wait til I see what they do with the draft picks and if they even look for a free agent during the first full offseason our the Patterson/Nash era.

I like what I see so far and if I had to give a grade it would be a B. They could get an A if they make some smart moves this summer or on the flip side they could get a C or D, depending again on what is done from now til the start of next season.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
What's wrong with our Trader Bob?:laugh:

So, you love Bob Whitsitt, who was known for getting as much talent as possible and not worrying about the character, yet you would have been upset if we hadn't traded a better talent for a better character. Please explain.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Nothing is wrong without TB..but with him..one we wouldn't have still been in the playoff for as long as we were

BONZI was a cancer on this team..when we first got him from the PISTONS..he was great..then he got a EGO or something and decided he was bigger then the team..so he had to leave..and we got not only a good outside shooter back from the GRIZ we also got a 1st round pick....

TB would have given a 1st round pick...:laugh:

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Nothing is wrong without TB..but with him..one we wouldn't have still been in the playoff for as long as we were
Sorry, there was a slight typo in my last post. I fixed it now.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I thought the question was thus far. Why do we have an option for next year?

I gave them a B. They may deserve an A. It is awfully hard to make trades and to be 100% all the time is impossible.

The Bonzi trade looks bad on paper but you don't know what’s out there in the draft or to move up with that pick.
Person has been good for our team.

The Miles trade has been a great trade for Portland. We give up a below average pg for a young talent. Gained time(29yrs vs22yrs old), Height and athleticism, Defense. Cavs give up a star for him. Also, guys like Jeff McInnes are not as hard to find as a 6'9" SF/PF. He has Ave. 11.85pts with 52% FG and 3.7 RB in 23 minutes

He picked up Omar Cook from the NBDL, also signed for peanuts.

As for next year. I can see us signing Darius for 5 million, Wes Person for 2 to 3 million and Rasheed an average of 9 to 10 million extension. Letting Damon/DD walk after next year and be in position to still make a good signing like Ray Allen.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
They have done a nice job.

Look at some of the problems with our lineup when we started the season and how they tried to fix them:

- No pass-first point guard - they bring in Omar.
- Two points that shoot too much and both want to be starters - they trade Jeff.
- Two shooting guards who want to start - they trade Bozo.
- Both Jeff and Bozo were malcontents - gone.
- No pure shooter - they bring in Wes.
- No veteran leadership that accepts their role - Wes again.
- No true starting SF - they bring in Darius.
- Not a lot of energy and enthusiasm among the starting unit - Darius again.
- Not enough slashing - Darius.

They have done a good job filling some of the holes and improving the teams attitude and made the future look much brighter. I give them a B.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
"Nash hasn't done anything!!"

Oh, what a difference a month makes. ;)

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
I'll bump my grade up after this to a B-

Why?

-- Wells trade goes from a "D" to a "C", since Portland was willing to leverage one of the pieces (Person) as part of another deal, rather than letting him walk.

-- Portland gets a "B" for the trade last night, because they manage to avoid the dooms day scenario where Rasheed walks for nothing.

Ed O.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by <b>Ed O</b>!
I'll bump my grade up after this to a B-

Why?

-- Wells trade goes from a "D" to a "C", since Portland was willing to leverage one of the pieces (Person) as part of another deal, rather than letting him walk.

-- Portland gets a "B" for the trade last night, because they manage to avoid the dooms day scenario where Rasheed walks for nothing.

Ed O.
How did you grade the McInnis/Boom-Boom for Miles trade?

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!

How did you grade the McInnis/Boom-Boom for Miles trade?
I give it a "B". Last night didn't change that for me.

Ed O.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by <b>Ed O</b>!

I give it a "B". Last night didn't change that for me.

Ed O.
Cool. I was just curious if it had been considered in your overall B- grade.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts