Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is mild discussion among The Faithful about some of the UD seniors returning for their additional year of eligibility. I can’t see Crutcher returning, but Chatman just had surgery and will be out 6 to 8 weeks, so that combined with the need for a seasoned PG so that may make sense for Rodney to return. He’ll be 24 though

I could see some of the Spiders returning.

What about the rest of the league?

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is mild discussion among The Faithful about some of the UD seniors returning for their additional year of eligibility. I can’t see Crutcher returning, but Chatman just had surgery and will be out 6 to 8 weeks, so that combined with the need for a seasoned PG so that may make sense for Rodney to return. He’ll be 24 though

Goodwin and French have each announced that they will not be returning to SLU.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I am fairly sure that anyone worth keeping will leave and anyone we'd like to leave will stay. It's the Fordham way.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Any seniors who have good minutes/production I would expect to try and make a buck or two overseas if possible.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Several of the Spiders (at least Golden and Gilyard that I remember off the top of my head) have been asked publicly about it, but all they've said is that they haven't given it any thought and won't until the season is over. I'm sure there have been some thoughts, but they're not tipping their hands yet.

At some point, guys want to move on to the next phase of their lives...Golden's already on year 5, as is Francis thanks to the transfer. Gilyard and Cayo are fourth-year seniors, so perhaps less pressing there. Sherod initially said his career was over after the second ACL, but he seems to have been more non-committal about it in subsequent mentions on the topic.

Spiders could use some bigs for next year...haven't landed one for 2021, and already lost Weir from the 2020 class, so I'd love to see Golden and/or Cayo come back for another go-around. We seem to have some good young guards coming up, so I think the Spiders are in better shape there going forward, though it'll be hard to match the level of Gilyard and Francis.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Assuming that the Bonnies' 9 member Junior class (I still can't believe that) are granted an extra year, the decisions of those 9 guys may help "spread out" future classes? Either way, after next year, to me it seems that the Bonnies will lose experience and have a hard time not taking a step back, at least in the short term.

·
Piker
9,412 Posts
VCU is made up of mostly freshmen and sophomores. The two seniors are basically grad transfers. Corey Douglas left Rice and played one year of JUCO to get experience on the court without sitting for a year so he is an older senior and Levi Stockard is a grad transfer from Kansas State. My guess is that both will opt to move on to pursue their chosen career path. The typical offseason will consist of one or two players deciding whether they want more playing time somewhere else. After two coaching changes in three years VCU's classes are beginning to spread out and Coach Rhoades is finally getting the guys in to run his system.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Keep in mind that not only must the player want to come back, but more importantly, the coach has to want him back. Returning players will have an effect on incoming recruits who thought they had a chance at starters minutes, or at the very least, being in the rotation. Now, with a person at his position returning, he may not want to redshirt or get only mop-up minutes and asked to be released from his loi.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts