Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assuming all these rumors are false about Jermaine being traded, which I am thinking they are, how will Granger and O'Neal do together in the future. Granger is showing a unbelivable amount of potential, I think he will develope into one of the best players in the league. Of course this could be wishful thinking, but someone who has gotten 20-10 more than a couple times off the bench, he's going to be great. Can ya'll picture him and JO along side eachother in the future. I think they got a huge future hoping both of them stay here for a while. What do ya'll think?

·
God
2,739 Posts
Fred Jones said:
Assuming all these rumors are false about Jermaine being traded, which I am thinking they are, how will Granger and O'Neal do together in the future. Granger is showing a unbelivable amount of potential, I think he will develope into one of the best players in the league. Of course this could be wishful thinking, but someone who has gotten 20-10 more than a couple times off the bench, he's going to be great. Can ya'll picture him and JO along side eachother in the future. I think they got a huge future hoping both of them stay here for a while. What do ya'll think?
Very good points. I agree with all that you said, I think Granger and O’Neal can be great, and glad Artest is out of here so Granger can be our future at that position, and their both very good defensivly, but I don’t think our forwards are our problem. Larry Bird has to fix the guards, most notably the point guard situation, he tried to fix it by getting Saras but that hasn’t really worked out that well, Anthony Johnson is playing good, but seriously matching him up in the playoffs, in a 7 game series, could spell trouble against almost anyone, and Tins is definetly unstable. Maybe they will need to move SJax and totally rebuild the guards. I hope they keep Saras and Freddie Jones, and I wish theres a way to keep SJax, but If I had to keep 2 and rebuild the rest, I’d hold onto Jones and Saras….

·
God
2,739 Posts
Also, with Granger and O'Neal being a dominate force at forward, will that make Peja walk after the season like all the experts predicted at the time of our trade?

Reactions: bbasok

·
6,755 Posts
There should be no doubt that The Gift is going to be an outstanding player in the not too distant future, the thing I love about him is his versatility, he can start, or substitute any 3 positions (SG, SF, PF), also he's got Defense, and a beautiful jump shot, that you just know it's going in, but the thing I'm afraid is that he becomes almost our last scoring option when everyone's healthy, and since he's still young his confidence really drops dramatically...

J.O. and The Gift can be a very deadly combo, but it all depends on wether or not we're actually passing the ball around, instead of having one or two guys iso all game..

Go PaCeRs!!!!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
First off, if we let Peja leave we will do it with a sign-and-trade. Do you guys think that Larry and Donnie are stupid? They wouldn't have traded Ron Artest for a three-month rental of Peja Stojakovic.

Second, "The Gift" might get lost in the shuffle at times down the stretch this year, but make no mistake about it, I really believe that we will find a way to start him next year. It might mean that J.O. starts at C. Hey, I love Harrison and Foster, but neither one can play more than 20-25 minutes a night, so why does it even matter? Granger is our future and needs to be on the court!!

Reactions: bbasok

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I like Danny but it would be stupid to get rid of Petja and hope Danny can deliver every game 30-40 minutes a night in hes 2nd season... as I understand ther is room for both to play many minutes and I think they are both valuabe: Petja can shoot, doesn't need a ball and is our most consistant player, we need guys wo aren't in on and off mode, Danny in other hand offers you anything you want from athletic wing. And why I like them? Both are smart, mustle and aren't selfish. I think they fit well into sf/pf positione with JO. The only way I see how Petja could leave is if we get good starter at pg or sg position and somebody else (tinman, S-Jax...) leaves too. I agree that we arent clear contenders now but tradeing away (or just give up) superb shooter with size and good caracteristics (hustles, rebounds, works hard, moves without ball...) is really stupid... I mean he has made into All-Star team in west 3 times - he has value. If we keep JO and most of other guys then we desperetly need a guy who can give us 20 points on 45-50% of shooting so that we don't even notice... he scores a lot but doesn't need ball in hes hand... there are very few if such guys (if at all).
So Petja should be kept (if some kind of wonder trade doen't fall on our table) and I belive we can find good amount of minutes for Petja and Danny. I agree that at times JO could play center but it's not the only possibility.
So in short I love Petja and Danny to death and no way I want to see one of thes good guys leave (Petja) if we will keep all guys who have problems with delivering every night (like S-Jax, Jamaal, the other 2 pg's, Fred...).

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I never said get rid of Peja, but we wouldn't be losing him if we did a sign and trade, for a PG even. Peja and AJ for a solid PG. That could help our team greatly, maybe even Marbury with his problems in New York. I just hope he wouldn't be another Artest though.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
^ :no: ^

·
Registered
884 Posts
Fred Jones said:
I never said get rid of Peja, but we wouldn't be losing him if we did a sign and trade, for a PG even. Peja and AJ for a solid PG. That could help our team greatly, maybe even Marbury with his problems in New York. I just hope he wouldn't be another Artest though.
dude, you do not want starbury. the guy is talented but selfish. he is a loser and i don't think larry or donnie would ever want a guy like that on this team. i don't.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Carlisle gave a glimpse of a possible lineup of the future when he played O'Neal, Granger, Peja Stojakovic, Stephen Jackson and Jamaal Tinsley the entire fourth quarter.

That unit, which trailed by 13 at one point, chipped away and finally got Detroit's lead under six when O'Neal made two free throws with 2:10 left. Tinsley made it a two-point game (74-72) when he made two free throws after a Billups turnover with 27.6 seconds left.
That's from Mike Wells article today. I think that is our best five players, with apologies to Foster and Harrison.

·
6,755 Posts
absolutebest said:
That's from Mike Wells article today. I think that is our best five players, with apologies to Foster and Harrison.
Give me The Hulk at C, J.O. at PF, The Gift at the SF, Jackson at the SG, and Tinsley as our PG...and we good to go...

Go PaCeRs!!!!

·
King George
11,465 Posts
PaCeRhOLiC said:
Give me The Hulk at C, J.O. at PF, The Gift at the SF, Jackson at the SG, and Tinsley as our PG...and we good to go...

Go PaCeRs!!!!
The Pacers need someone who really hustles for rebounds rather than just jumps for them. Harrison and Jermaine don't box out worth a damn.

·
Registered
16,528 Posts
Larry Legend said:
The Pacers need someone who really hustles for rebounds rather than just jumps for them. Harrison and Jermaine don't box out worth a damn.
Granger does everything. Although, at SF, he'll probably be too far away from the basket to help with rebounding. Harrison and Jermaine shouldn't play with each other too often.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.