Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty much everyone expected to see this at some point this season, only it was expected to come 4 or 5 months ago.

LINK

There was resignation in Grant Hill's voice, but he couldn't bring himself to say what has become painfully obvious: The Orlando Magic all-star forward has likely played his last game this season.
Hill underwent another bone scan on his bruised left shin on Wednesday and he is expecting that he will have to return to Duke University Medical Center later this week to be examined by Dr. James Nunley, the surgeon who performed the fourth surgery on his troublesome left ankle.

Hill, who missed his third consecutive game Wednesday against Chicago, has been bothered by pain in his left shin for the past month, an injury that he says happened when he wa s accidentally kicked Feb. 26 against the Miami Heat. Hill says there is irritation and a knot in the area where there is a metal plate connecting his shin and ankle.
I must say I'm extremely glad as a Magic fan that Hill won't try to play through this and injure himself badly and not be able to come back 100% for next season, given that the Magic are virtually out of it for this season with tonight's loss.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
At least it's not his ankle again. I was happy to see him back on the court healthy again. I watched a couple Magic games and he's still a really good player and would be an excellent complement on any team.

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
Yea, glad its the shin and not the ankle. It held up pretty well. Hopefully the Magic can make some moves and shift more focus to Dwight Howard. They should be good to watch then.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Man...this guy is going to be a robot when they get done with him. I just wish he had the build quality of a Lexus rather than a Suzuki. :(

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a general comment for those saying "at least it's not the ankle". I'm not so sure that's not the reason he's being extra cautious and not taking any chances. Look at this part of the article:

Hill says there is irritation and a knot in the area where there is a metal plate connecting his shin and ankle.
This is the same leg where he had the ankle surgeries.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
PHeNoM Z28 said:
Man...this guy is going to be a robot when they get done with him. I just wish he had the build quality of a Lexus rather than a Suzuki. :(
Ichiro Suzuki is built great. Hit leader.

·
Registered
721 Posts
If he gets hurt like this again, I think it's time to retire.

He just can't keep getting hurt like this... bad for him.

I wish him the most of luck.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
hobojoe said:
Pretty much everyone expected to see this at some point this season, only it was expected to come 4 or 5 months ago.

LINK

I must say I'm extremely glad as a Magic fan that Hill won't try to play through this and injure himself badly and not be able to come back 100% for next season, given that the Magic are virtually out of it for this season with tonight's loss.
True Fan.
1) Admit his team is a losing team
2) Bought up his star is out of season.

True freaking fan, but losing team and loser as well.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Im proud of Hill.......

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Nephets said:
If he gets hurt like this again, I think it's time to retire.

He just can't keep getting hurt like this... bad for him.

I wish him the most of luck.
yeah, just retire please!

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
He essentially made it the whole season. That's great. I hope he can be at least as durable next season, if not moreso.

Hill is a great guy and a great talent; I'm always pulling for his success.

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
I seem to remember reading somewhere before the season started that Grant Hill said that he would retire if his latest comeback ended in another injury.

Do any of you think this might end up being the case? I personally hope not. I'd consider this season for Hill much more of a success then a failure.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
HearToTemptYou said:
I seem to remember reading somewhere before the season started that Grant Hill said that he would retire if his latest comeback ended in another injury.

Do any of you think this might end up being the case? I personally hope not. I'd consider this season for Hill much more of a success then a failure.

I think that it all depends on how serious the injury is.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Honestly, he shouldn't retire. The Magic season is over, so play Stevenson more, give Nelson and Howard even more PT and let them play out the string getting more confident for next year. He's had a terrific season and staying home with Tamia playing bed nurse, has to be a nice consolation prize.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
great season from Grant Hill, unfortunately the Magic won't play in the postseason...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts