Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know from a pistons fan point of view how do you all feel about Grant Hill,I would have to say that ya'll felt cheated out of CHAMPIONSHIPS to tell you the truth.With Stack and Hill ya'll should've went some where with that tandom...Even though Ben Wallace came over to the pistons for Hill but that's a different story...;)

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I don't think he wants to be a teams #1 option and that what he was in detroit in orlando he gets to defer to t-mac. Grant Hill was and maybe still is a good player but he is not the type of guy to lead a team to a championship. I do wonder if him and stack played under Carlise rather than collins if the results would have been different though.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it has something to do with the coach too,the Pistons is the most SCRAPPIEST team in the nba, I mean come on Michael Curry, he is a bench player on most teams but he did have some game in the playoffs...Oh yeah I heard Robinson got marijuana charges on him... :cry:

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Originally posted by Brian
I don't think he wants to be a teams #1 option and that what he was in detroit in orlando he gets to defer to t-mac. Grant Hill was and maybe still is a good player but he is not the type of guy to lead a team to a championship. I do wonder if him and stack played under Carlise rather than collins if the results would have been different though.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

·
Registered
335 Posts
It's still about the front court

The Pistons had a bunch of power fowards playing for them ( not that they don't have the same thing now)when they had Stack and Hill. they couldn't get past any team with a good center in the playoffs EXAMPLE ( Mutumbo & Mourning the Georgetown towers)

see how far that Mcgrady and Hill get without a center. They should have kept Brendan Haywood. he is going to develop into a good center I think

1 - 5 of 5 Posts