Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rasheed Stays (i Hope)

Sources say allen says no!!!!!!!!!!!

Just when it seemed Portland was prepared to make the most anticipated move of the NBA's trading season by dealing Rasheed Wallace away, Blazers owner Paul Allen -- not Dallas counterpart Mark Cuban -- had the biggest influence on Saturday's trade talks between the clubs. Sources close to the discussions told ESPN.com that, at Allen's insistence, the Trail Blazers suddenly prefer to keep Wallace.
READ FULL STORY......

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I thought you were going to tell us...

Your going to save a lot on your car insurance! :rofl:

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Good news, indeed, that Paul Allen stepped in and stopped the madness of the Jamison + TAW-for-Rasheed deal.

That would have hurt Portland on the court this year and harmed their chances over the next several years because of the ~$20m the two would make a year.

Ed O.

·
Registered
409 Posts
ah great news. maybe sheed will play a little harder now that he doesn't have to deal with the trade rumors.

I guess a 26 and 15 game is a good start against the Kings.

Keep it up Sheed.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Paul Allen would only nix the trade to save money. He wants to let Wallace leave in the offseason and enjoy the extra 30 million dollars (salary + tax).

I'm not sure why blazer fans are so happy that we aren't getting Antwan Jamison. The blazers won't resign Wallace, and we'll end up getting nothing for him in return.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
My understanding is that Mr. Allen is not happy with the efforts of Nash and Patterson and that a 30 mil deal is on the table for Rasheed.....

(I am guessing this is 10 mil a year for 3 years)

If so..... I say GO FOR IT! SCREW THE "O"!!!!

I LOVE Allen's tenacity on this one if it is true!

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Yega1979</b>!

I'm not sure why blazer fans are so happy that we aren't getting Antwan Jamison. The blazers won't resign Wallace, and we'll end up getting nothing for him in return.
Because Jamison is a bad contract for his talent level. See New York's last few years for what "getting anything back in trade" ends up giving you. A mediocre/bad team, choked with bad contracts and very little maneuverability to get better.

If the Blazers let Wallace (and Person) walk, and then let Stoudamire walk next off-season, Portland will have major cap space to offer to a star or superstar to play with Zach Randolph.

That's much better than taking on Jamison and that being the team for the next four years.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Paul Allen would only nix the trade to save money. He wants to let Wallace leave in the offseason and enjoy the extra 30 million dollars (salary + tax).
There probably won't be a luxury tax imposed in the summer of 2005. Rasheed walking for nothing would save the Blazers some money, yes, but not as much as you make it out to be.

"Making a bad player acquisition is usually much worse than making no acquisition at all"

[Paraphrased quote from Billy Beane as reported in the book 'Moneyball']

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Yea lets make a horrible trade so we get something for Rasheed...

Actually u saying they wont resign sheed is funny considering they already offered him a exstension whether he turned it down or not is still to be heard.

Finally u would really want Wahad on the team...u must want the team to lose

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I agree that this is great news...

Besides the fact that Allen doesn't want to make a terrible deal, fiscally and competitively, I wonder if he might also be a Sheed fan...

If Sheed would sign a 30mil/3year extension, I think that would be totally reasonable. It wouldn't cripple the cap and if he just had to go, it would be a very tradeable deal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts