·
Registered
297 Posts
Karl Malone, even though I hate him

Tim Duncan maybe in 12 years

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
i mean best PF on a championship team...If you go by that Duncan and McHale are right up there. Makes you wonder how importan Pf's are in winning championships.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Tom</b>!
i mean best PF on a championship team...If you go by that Duncan and McHale are right up there. Makes you wonder how importan Pf's are in winning championships.
I think times are a changing and nowadays, a good PF is probably the most important player on your team (unless you have Shaq) and more and more championship teams will have dominant PF's.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
i think its
1.Charles Barkley
2.Kevin Mchale
3.Karl Malone
4.Elvin Hayes
5.Tim Duncan

but if you include bird as a power forward then larry would be on top

·
Registered
513 Posts
People are still forgetting about Bob Pettit. On the top 10 of all time thread I said a few things about him. For those of you who have never heard of him, check it out before you start listing guys like McHale and Duncan ahead of him.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Bighead734</b>!
Karl Malone, even though I hate him

Tim Duncan maybe in 12 years
I agree-I don't like him either-but his is really good. I hope Duncan eventually takes it away from him.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Duncan in 12 years? More like 3 or 4. He's already got an MVP award, and a championship ring- no other PF have those two things. Throw in another 1 or 2 MVP's, and perhaps another ring (S.A. is in EXCELLENT salary cap position right now), and it will become much more difficult to deny him. I voted for him- perhaps too early- because I don't think any PF in his prime has ever had the overall influence on a game that he has had these last few years.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Duncan is already a much better player then malone ever was. It's just a matter of whether he's going to move over to center when david retires.

I think Barkley deserves top spot for now.

·
Registered
433 Posts
What parameters do you have to find out who's the best?
Is it more important how long someone played at an high level or how good he was at his best? Malone has had great durability, but Duncan is better than what he ever was (and so was probably Barkley in his prime).

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Maurice Lucas.

There is a reason why he was known as "The Enforcer."

He use to intimidate his defenders so much, he made them look like little kids.

And yes, he won a title.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Originally posted by <b>celticsrule0873</b>!
i think its
1.Charles Barkley
2.Kevin Mchale
3.Karl Malone
4.Elvin Hayes
5.Tim Duncan

but if you include bird as a power forward then larry would be on top
a celtics fan picking barkley over mchale,wow!i think you must be younger generation celtics fan,am i right?

·
Registered
924 Posts
What About...

Stanislav Medvedenko??? The guy is awesome... Just look at the pics...

He moves like a young Michael Jordan but in a PF's body!!!

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts
Re: What About...

Originally posted by <b>SikHandlez24</b>!
Stanislav Medvedenko??? The guy is awesome... Just look at the pics...

He moves like a young Michael Jordan but in a PF's body!!!
god I hope that you are not his stalker.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Someone should mention Dennis Rodman in this debate. In my Opinion, Denny is the greatest rebounder the NBA has ever seen. He was best at taking the opposing teams best player and getting him off his game. Rodman had hustle, smarts, and heart. He may not be the greatest, but he is one of the greats!

·
Registered
29 Posts
To an earlier poster, yes Pettit was absolutely awesome....I personally think that picking the best PF of all time is the most difficult of all positions to choose. The others clearly have someone who was the best, if you are objective and if you are old enough to have seen them all play.

Center...Wilt
SF ...Bird
2G ...MJ
pg ...Magic

Those were the best at their positions...But PF is not that clear. The ones listed were all great. Very difficult choice and thus a great question...........

1 - 20 of 28 Posts