• Tim Duncan

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 13.8%
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RetroDreams</b>!
I'd take Big Game James Worthy over Tim Duncan any day.
Why is that? Not only is Duncan taller, he is more fundamentally sound (Duncan has more fundamentals than some people half his size) and more versatile.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Originally posted by <b>remy23</b>!

Why is that? Not only is Duncan taller, he is more fundamentally sound (Duncan has more fundamentals than some people half his size) and more versatile.
You are saying Duncan was more fundamentally sound then James Worthy? LMAO

How many games did you see James play? Duncan isn't even in his league... When Duncan can perform even a 100th of how Big Game James did, he'd be top tier.

·
Registered
225 Posts
When Duncan can perform even a 100th of how Big Game James did, he'd be top tier.
Considering Duncan's numbers and accomplishments are already superior to Worthy's, I'm wondering just what he would need to average to reach that 'top tier' level of being 100th as good as James Worthy?

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RetroDreams</b>!

You are saying Duncan was more fundamentally sound then James Worthy? LMAO

How many games did you see James play? Duncan isn't even in his league... When Duncan can perform even a 100th of how Big Game James did, he'd be top tier.
Worthy was great in his own right but playing alongside Magic Johnson made a significant difference. The equivilent of that is asking how would Duncan play if he had Kidd to pass him the ball. I have seen Worthy play.

Let's compare the men head-to-head:

James Worthy

Height: 6'9
Weight: 225
Position: Power Forward

Games: 926
PPG: 17.6
FG%: .521
3P%: .241
FT%: .769
RPG: 5.1
APG: 3

----

Tim Duncan

Height: 7'0
Weight: 260
Position: Power Forward-Center

Games: 370
PPG: 22.8
FG%: .509
3P%: .154
FT%: .711
RPG: 12.2
APG: 3.1

----

From these stats, Worthy barely shot better than the 7-foot Duncan. But the difference in the players shows in versatility (Duncan can swing to the 5 and Worthy could not), rebounding (more than doubles Worthy's average), scoring, blocked shots (I did not bother posting this but Duncan is far ahead) and the fact Worthy never won an MVP. Don't get me wrong, he was a great player. But from a numerical standpoint, Duncan has this hands down. Another factor to consider is Duncan is the top-man on the Spurs, where as Worthy was not the top-man on the Lakers. Plus the solid defense Duncan plays regularly places him on the All-Defensive Teams. Worthy may have been more dynamic than Duncan, but Duncan is generally more solid. For the 3rd time in his young 4 year NBA career, Duncan has led the league in double-doubles. Night after night, Duncan is rock solid, more consistent than Worthy was.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Originally posted by <b>stagsoccer</b>!
I vote for James Worthy with Karl Malone as #2
kind of splitting hairs here but worthy was a small forward.rambis and kupchak played pf during the lakers glory years.lets be serious ,worthy wasnt the player a tim duncan or a karl malone is.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts