Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Y'all know the drill, votes will be counted in the poll and discussion is encouraged. So far we've got

1.) Jordan
2.) Wilt
3.) ?

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Greatest players of all time (Number 3)

I expect Kareem to win this, and I have no problem if he does. I'm going with Magic again though.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts

Magic vs. Kareem for this one...

I'm going Magic.

Lakers before Magic < Lakers with Magic < Lakers after Kareem

·
Registered
5,121 Posts

No love for Bill Russell???

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Soon enough, sure. But not before Magic or Kareem for me.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts

Magic is my favorite player of all time - that said Kareem - his dominance in the 70s is almost on a par with Wilt's the decade previous

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts

I went with Magic. Again. This is the third round in a row I'd vote Magic, for the reasons I went over in the prior thread. My initial order would have been: Magic, Jordan, Wilt. Jordan and Wilt off the board, hopefully Magic goes now as well so I can move to my next choice. :p

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yeah I just want Magic already so I can vote for someone else.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts

LeBron James.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I'm still waiting for someone to actually provide insight as to why they're selecting 'Bron this early.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts

Kareem

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts

I'm still waiting for someone to actually provide insight as to why they're selecting 'Bron this early.
If you're honestly expecting some reason for that you are sadly mistaking. Hell the people here in Cleveland couldn't even think of legit reasons when he was still playing here.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts

#2 PER All time? 3 time MVP, Finals MVP. It is not absurd.

It is hard comparing someone in the midst of their prime to retired greats. Where do you put him?

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

#2 PER All time? 3 time MVP, Finals MVP. It is not absurd.

It is hard comparing someone in the midst of their prime to retired greats. Where do you put him?
PER is a useless statistic. I don't need a metric telling me how great LeBron James is, I've watched the dude his entire career, I know exactly how great he is. But at this point his total body of work does not compare with some of the other guys that have been mentioned (Magic, Kareem etc.). The only reason he's on this list in the first place is because he peak is on that level, but he hasn't done it for long enough to warrant the kind of love he's getting. Tim Duncan and Shaq have yet to get a single vote and yet LeBron has gotten love in every thread so far. There's something wrong with that.

And I've got him comfortably in the top 15. Maybe even 12 or so, I haven't thought that far back yet. I expect him to finish in the top five when it's all said and done, and I would be disappointed as a fan of basketball if he falls short of these expectations. But he's not the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd best player of all time.

Jordan wasn't considered to be the GOAT in '91 either. It takes time for these things to happen, and to label LeBron prematurely based on what he will probably do is disrespectful to the guys who have already done it.

·
Will of Chilltown
3,722 Posts

Bron should have been 2. His career isnt even half over yet. He's by for the youngest of the bunch and still has potential.

·
Legend
12,913 Posts

Sorry if it comes down to it, can we change my vote from Bill Russell to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

Kobe, because he is going to get #6 in 2012-2013. :jam:

·
Registered
10,500 Posts

exactly

look, no one is talking about Kobe seriously yet, maybe soon - Bron has done nothing compared to him - stop being too young to have perspective, grow the **** up

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts

The people voting for LeBron James are voting for him based on the fact that they believe he is right now one of the greatest players of all time. As a player they believe he is simply better than the others on the list. Accomplishments aside, looking at him purely as a player - he deserves to be in the top 5 based on what he can do on the court. These lists are subjective, so if they want to use those criteria? They can.

Personally - I prefer to include championship acumen. LeBron is just getting around to that.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts