Votes: 0 0.0%
  • someone else (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya'll know the drill. Votes will be counted in the poll and defending your choices is encouraged.

So far we've got

1.) Jordan
2.) Wilt
3.) Magic
4.) Kareem
5.) Russell
6.) Bird
7.) Shaq
8.) Duncan
9.) Hakeem
10.) ?

I think Kobe takes number 10 fairly easily.

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
In my eyes this is about where Kobe sits right now. He picks up another ring or two with Dwight, and his continued brilliance late into his career will move him up a number of spots, though.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Moses' time will come soon, but this is the easiest selection we've had since Shaq. And arguably even easier.

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
There are three guys I would pick before I would pick Kobe. But DRod definitely isn't one of them. Who ever said DRod would be competition...wow.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
If we are ranking these guys as basketball players there is no one remaining who is better than Lebron. You can rank the teams they played for if you'd prefer, but as basketball players no one else has an argument.

·
Premium Member
4,609 Posts
If we are ranking these guys as basketball players there is no one remaining who is better than Lebron. You can rank the teams they played for if you'd prefer, but as basketball players no one else has an argument.
Agreed.

Are we talking about the greatest players of all time or the greatest careers? There is a difference. LeBron is quite easily a better player now than Kobe Bryant ever was at any time in his career. If we're talking about the best player, LeBron should go here.

Arguably, Kobe has had a better career because of his longevity (but even then I disagree as I outlined in the previous thread).

·
8,475 Posts
Lebron needs to 3peat first before we can say that he is head and shoulders above Kobe.

Kobe's achievements + longevity trumps what Lebron has achieved so far. 1 title is not enough.
No, he doesn't. That has to be the most idiotic argument I've ever read for why Lebron isn't better than Kobe. Kobe had Shaq when he started out. Lebron didn't.

Plus Lebron has broken numerous records at young ages, many more records than Kobe did (if Kobe even broke any) Lebron won rookie of the year. Kobe didn't. Lebron already has three MVP awards. At age 27 Kobe had none. I don't care how many titles Kobe has, he wasn't even the best player on the team he won the titles for. Lebron's overall playoff performance this year beats any year from Kobe's entire career. Lebron's achievements trumps everything Kobe did from the beginning of his career to age 27. Everything that happened after that age in Kobe's career is completely irrelevant.

You can at least argue that we need to see more of Lebron first before we can say he's a better player than Kobe, but saying he needs to do a 3 peat? No. Just no. Ridiculous.

·
8,475 Posts
And why isn't Julius Erving on this list??

·
8,475 Posts
Who are they?
Lebron, Moses, and at the time I would've said Hakeem, but then I forgot that we had voted him in a spot already lol.

Edit: Oh and Oscar Robertson. No question I would definitely pick him over Kobe.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Lebron, Moses, and at the time I would've said Hakeem, but then I forgot that we had voted him in a spot already lol.
Why do you think Moses was a greater player than Kobe (honest question, no baiting)?
(I'm not gonna ask the same question about Lebron, cause i promised myself never to get into another conversation regarding Lebron James and all-time ranks.)

·
8,475 Posts
Why do you think Moses was a greater player than Kobe (honest question, no baiting)?
(I'm not gonna ask the same question about Lebron, cause i promised myself never to get into another conversation regarding Lebron James and all-time ranks.)
Because I think that consistently Moses can do more for me than Kobe would. Moses was a damn good defender and he was a double double machine, holding a double double record that would never be broken until our lord and savior Kevin Love finally broke it. 3 time NBA MVP, 12 time all star, w/e amount of all NBA teams he made (BUT I KNOW ITS BIG!) I can certainly see why someone would say Kobe's greater, I just personally think Moses is better. It's nothing against Kobe.

And my explanation for Lebron was already made if you go back a couple posts.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts