• Lakers-Kings

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basketball doesn't really have a rivalry with the consistent intensity of Bears-Packers or Yanks-Bosox, but we do have a few real good ones. Celts-Lakers, Bulls-Knicks, Celts-Sixers, Knicks-Heat, and lately Kings-Lakers. It's tough to find good rivalries in the NBA cause there aren't that many franchises that are old enough to have a history of rivalry with another franchise. Tell me if i've forgotten any rivalries and vote on which is the best.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
All time it is Lakers-Celtics

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
It may not be all time, but I do like the Rockets/Spurs Rivarly. The best team in Texas rivarly. Now you have to add Mavricks since they are up and coming. So really I like the trio rivarly of Rockets/Spurs/Mavs.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Originally posted by Wilt_The_Stilt
All time it is Lakers-Celtics
All time and you are right hands down. There was never a greater rivalry then the Lakers and Celtics back in the day.

I dont think there is a DOMINANT rivalry today. There are rivalries but none super high on the scale of rivalries. The best rivalry today would have to be the Kings- Lakers rivalry.

·
Registered
206 Posts
All time Celts Lakeshow no doubt. Recently though it is inbetween Pacers Knicks (Back when Patric was dominating) and Kincks Heat. Zo vs P-Ew was allways fun and so were the bench clearing brawls, but Reggie hitting the clutch threes over and over then fake chocking himself as he ran past spike lee is priceless. Sigh. If only we had those rivalries back. Now it doesn't matter if the teams don't like eachother because everyone hates everyone and it is all about whoever are the two best teams.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's about what i figured. I would have to say that i agree with you guys totally. What would you say, then, is the 2nd best rivalry all-time?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts