Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading an article on ESPN.com about the Heat and who has shown interest in playing for them and I read the following:

Among those who reportedly have already expressed interest in hearing a Heat sales pitch are veterans Steve Nash, Jason Terry, Ray Allen, Grant Hill and Greg Oden.
I know that this coming season will be what was supposed to be his 5th year in the league, which does make him a veteran... But he seriously has just ONE SEASON of NBA games to his credit. 82. I mean, it is hard to believe just how astoundingly bad his injury bug has been. It lurks in your mind that "Yeah, Oden is injury prone." But really - this guy has literally missed 3 out of 4 seasons worth of games.

Can you really call him a veteran NBA player yet?

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
Maybe from a financial sense, once a guy is off his rookie deal that is kind of like being a veteran.

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
Imagine if Oden ends up finally being healthy and playing for the Heat.

·
Will of Chilltown
3,722 Posts
Oden is apparently taking the whole 2012-2013 season off as well to make sure he can comeback at 100%. I would love him on the Heat though, He is everything they want in a center. amazing Defender, Rebounder, Shot blocker, and has legit offensive skills. If he's 100% healthy and is playing for the Heat.

This lineup would be the biggest Defensive Nightmare of all-time for teams.

C - Oden
PF - Bosh
SF - James
SG - Wade
PG - Chalmers

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oden is apparently taking the whole 2012-2013 season off as well to make sure he can comeback at 100%. I would love him on the Heat though, He is everything they want in a center. amazing Defender, Rebounder, Shot blocker, and has legit offensive skills. If he's 100% healthy and is playing for the Heat.

This lineup would be the biggest Defensive Nightmare of all-time for teams.

C - Oden
PF - Bosh
SF - James
SG - Wade
PG - Chalmers
Because taking 2012-13 off would make him more healthy than taking 10-11 and 11-12 off? I'm not buying that. I'm the biggest Buckeye homer around, and I'd love for him to turn into an all star as much as anybody around here - but another year off is not going to get a guy who has already taken the past two years off "100% healthy." If two whole seasons off isn't enough to get him healthy, it is not happening.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Because taking 2012-13 off would make him more healthy than taking 10-11 and 11-12 off? I'm not buying that. I'm the biggest Buckeye homer around, and I'd love for him to turn into an all star as much as anybody around here - but another year off is not going to get a guy who has already taken the past two years off "100% healthy." If two whole seasons off isn't enough to get him healthy, it is not happening.
Yep. Whens the last time he even played? And hes taking another year off?

With how Greg Oden ages, hes going to look like an 85 year old man by the 2013-2014 season.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Unfortunately, we should all forget about Greg Oden by the time being... And by "time being" i mean forever...
Maybe there's an alternate reality out there where Greg Oden looks younger than he actually is, and is made out of titanium instead of glass....

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Maybe there's an alternate reality out there where Greg Oden looks younger than he actually is, and is made out of titanium instead of glass....
Yeah, i guess it's cute to think that Greg Oden, someday, will come back to play and be a difference-maker.

For what it appears, he is so damaged that the best case scenario would be seing him play 5-to-10 minutes a game, rebound some, block some, and then get pulled out. A new version of an old Tree Rollings?

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Yeah, i guess it's cute to think that Greg Oden, someday, will come back to play and be a difference-maker.

For what it appears, he is so damaged that the best case scenario would be seing him play 5-to-10 minutes a game, rebound some, block some, and then get pulled out. A new version of an old Tree Rollings?
Pretty much.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts