Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now im from australia, so i dont get the high school ball new reports and stories on players coming up through High School, we get a lot of the college ball and obviously some NBA, so could i please get the run down on Greg Oden and all the hype about him, and who he can be compared to and how great he could be, and his stats and so forth....thanks....

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Wrong forum. Check out the NBA draft forum and you'll find a few threads on him that are current, you'll probably have a better time getting quality answers too.

·
Registered
354 Posts
dwade3 said:
Now im from australia, so i dont get the high school ball new reports and stories on players coming up through High School, we get a lot of the college ball and obviously some NBA, so could i please get the run down on Greg Oden and all the hype about him, and who he can be compared to and how great he could be, and his stats and so forth....thanks....
Google: "Greg Oden".

·
Banned
3,113 Posts
dwade3 said:
david robinson, nuff said

·
Registered
12,466 Posts
pmac34 said:
david robinson, nuff said
:yes: that about does it.

check the draft section, or head to anyweb site with a mock for the '07 draft and take a look at the top of it.
oden's the real deal

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
i havent seen much of a post game at all from oden except dunking over little guys in the state of indiana. defensively he's outstanding but so were diop and chandler and curry and a lot of other highschoolers. not quite ready to induct oden into the hall of fame just yet.

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
Cambridgeshire said:
His playing style is similar to Robinson's; his build isn't quite so -Robinson was stacked and chiseled like none other ^^!
i dont think he's close to robinson offensively, the admiral could face up and hit the outside shot and also take it to the basket. oden posts up and if he doesnt get the ball he's a non factor. defensively and on the boards is where he'll make a name for himself. wasnt curry supposed to be the next shaq and chandler the next kareem. lets let the kid get his feet wet before putting too much pressure on him.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
1 Penny said:
David Robinson is the closest and probably most accurate description, they are built the same,even wore 50 for a bit. Same game style.... I'm excited to finally see the next David Robinson.
The only thing Robinson and Oden have in common are body types.

Their actual games are nothing alike. Robinson was somewhat of a "soft" center who relied on an outside jumper and drives to the basket. Oden is a classic low post player on the offensive side of the ball. With the ability to dominate the defensive side of the ball similar to Mutombo.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
I see Oden as a Ewing on offense and a little bit of Mutombo in defense...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.