Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Yeah, I read that too.

Here's what was in the NY Post today:

Eddie Griffin may not debut tonight in Philly after all.

"Right now, we will continue to evaluate Eddie and see where he is physically," Frank said. "We will take it day by day and not comment on him until we activate him."
http://www.nypost.com/sports/nets/45184.htm

Sounds like its not gonna happen today. Kind of disappointing.

It could be interesting if his first game is in Houston on Saturday, but I wouldn't be too suprised if they wait until they return home against Miami next Wednesday.

At least, without Griffin tonight, we'll get a better read on what Frank thinks about Veal and Rodney.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link.

The Veal/Rogers question is more interesting for Game 1 of Frank's head coaching career, not only about the players themselves, but about the direction he's taking the team in. Does he have the control and initiative to make big changes? For example, if Rogers is a Kidd favorite, does that mean Frank plays Rogers even if he'd rather play Scalabrine?

I trust we'll see Griffin at some point this season, so I'm not bothered they're taking their time bringing him along. The team has more pressing issues than one new player. "Physically" implies Griffin's not yet in game shape. He DID miss a lot of time away from basketball. He probably wasn't even jogging while he was in treatment. At least Hubert has been on an NBA roster, probably active in practices and working out. Still, since he just showed up yesterday, the 5-10 minute estimate is likely optimistic for Hubert Davis unless it comes in garbage time.

I'm curious to find out Davis' role. Whether he'll share the 2nd team back-court with Harris or if he's just the 3rd SG and a situational shooter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts