Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if that whole Espn bit on the Grizzlies and Eddie Jones was just speculation or if there was some weight to it.
Also, has anybody heard of any other rumors that aren't absolutely absurd.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
The Grizz ARENT gettn E.J.,unless they give up Battier/Swift or Dickerson/Swift,but Swift alone AINT gonna get u E.J.!:no:

E.J. would put the Grizz in the playoffs!

C - Lo-Wright
PF - Gasol
SF - Battier
SG - E.J.
PG - J-Dub

If healthy that lineup could WHOOP sum A$$!:devil:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
How do you think this would look Miami trades next year #1 and EJ and Grizz give up MikeD, Stro and two years from now second?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I AM Biased but I have to ask

who would the Grizz pass up in order to make the playoffs? Theywere next to last in the conference!! and Houston and Denver got much better!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like what the nuggets did interms of rebuilding, but in terms of the here and now they got quite worse, they will compete for the worst record next year.

·
Registered
636 Posts
E.J. would put the Grizz in the playoffs!

C - Lo-Wright
PF - Gasol
SF - Battier
SG - E.J.
PG - J-Dub

If healthy that lineup could WHOOP sum A$$!:devil:
Please, you think that lineup would get you in the playoffs, in the west??? That wouldn't make it in the east. J-Dub has the talent but is obviously too inconsistent, and oft-injured as is Lo-Wright. Gasol and Battier are good but it will still only be their second year. EJ is a good player but if he couldn't get the heat in the playoffs he sure as hell can't get the grizz in the playoffs. The grizz are in desperate need of talent, that overtime "The Logo" will get for them, but playoffs next year, when hell freezes over.

·
Registered
335 Posts
okay

yeah its going to take denver a few years to put things togetherMy thing is that the grizz wpn't be able to improve THAT much...especially in the WEST. they will be lottery- bound again. And guess who gets their pick if it's not the number one overall in the draft?

:D :D :D :D :

Told you I was biased:laugh:

·
Registered
697 Posts
C - Lo-Wright
PF - Gasol
SF - Battier
SG - E.J./Dickerson
PG - J-Dub

that lineup is a hell of a lot better then seattles lineup last year and seattle made the playoffs..
i think the grizz could get into the playoffs..
battier + gasol will be a lot better... wright was playing amazing basketball before he got injured (avging like 26 and 16 early in the season).. i dont expect him to put up numbers like that.. but i think he could easily avg 18 and 12.... i dont mind having dickerson start at the 2.. when healthy he can score.. hes way better then mobley and mobley avg 22 a game this year.. i think dickerson could avg like 18-20 ppg if healthy..
in fact id rather have the grizzlies stick with this team then trade for jones.. because i dont question their starting 5(other then j-dub..mike bibby for jdub was one of the stupidest trades ever)..
the bench is a little shaky/unexperienced but overall i think the grizzlies will have a good team.. i expect them to be in 7th-10th place next year..

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
Wait a second...

Originally posted by Pure Scorer

i dont mind having dickerson start at the 2.. when healthy he can score.. hes way better then mobley and mobley avg 22 a game this year.. i think dickerson could avg like 18-20 ppg if healthy..
WHAT???

Dickerson is better than Mobley?

-Mobley can create his own shot. Dickerson gets ripped every time he tries to go right (and misses every fade-away he shoots after driving left).

-Mobley shoots a better percentage even when more of his shots are contested (much more).
FYI -- Dickerson has dropped in field goal and three-point percentage each of his years in the league so far!!!

-Mobley defends better on the ball (although Dickerson may have the advantage in the passing lanes).

-Mobley is an inch shorter and averages a rebound more per game for his career.

-Neither one of them distribute the ball particularly well, but I would take Mobley over Dickerson in that department because of penetration alone.

Oh, and why would Dickerson average 18-20 ppg all of sudden when his career average in under 16 and he is coming off an injury season???

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
The Grizz should be a LITTLE better next season, but they are NOWHERE NEAR the playoffs.

Chad Ford is the dude who keeps writing those retarded "What the [insert lottery team of choice here] need to do to make the playoffs" columns, and dear LORD are they RETARDED! Jerry West is trying to DUMP bad contracts, not ACQUIRE more of them! Why do people think that Jerry West is trying to trade for Eddie Jones?

2002-03 projected Western Conference standings:

1 Kings
2 Spurs
3 Lakers
4 Mavs
5 Trailblazers
6 Sonics
7 Clippers
8 Timberwolves
---
9 Jazz
10 Suns
11 Rockets
12 Grizzlies
13 Warriors
14 Nuggets

·
Registered
6 Posts
the rockets will definatly be a playoff team next year. They would have been one last year had francis not spent an exorbent amount of time on the IL. With a healthy team they'll be greatly improoved, i'm not sure what their going to get out of ming or nachbar but even if they get nothing out of them they should make atleast the 8th seed. If ming and nachbar do come along well and eddie griffen keeps coming along they should be a good contender for the 6th seed.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Xander... about the Rockets...

Originally posted by xander
the rockets will definatly be a playoff team next year. They would have been one last year had francis not spent an exorbent amount of time on the IL. With a healthy team they'll be greatly improoved, i'm not sure what their going to get out of ming or nachbar but even if they get nothing out of them they should make atleast the 8th seed. If ming and nachbar do come along well and eddie griffen keeps coming along they should be a good contender for the 6th seed.
The Rockets will have ALL KINDS of chemistry problems next year, you watch. Yao Ming is going to disappoint the HELL out of a LOT of people. When teams draft a big guy project, especially #1 overall, they ALWAYS talk the "we know it's going to take time" talk, but they ALWAYS run out of patience after about 10-15 games! Ming is at LEAST a couple of years away from being a good NBA player, and no matter what anybody says, when he goes out there and gets dunked on by guys like Anthony Peeler on a regular basis, the boos will come, the media criticism will follow, and Ming's confidence will PLUMMET! And how will his more polished teammates think about losing minutes to the guy? And how can a team simultaneously develop their center of the future AND contend for a playoff spot in the Western Conference?

The Rockets will NOT contend for a playoff spot, they won't even finish ahead of Phoenix or Utah (unless Utah trades Karl Malone, which probably won't happen)--in FACT, I think the Rockets will finish a lot closer to 12TH PLACE than to 10TH PLACE! I know I'm in a minority here--but you watch! They will SUCK!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: Xander... about the Rockets...

Originally posted by robyg1974

The Rockets will have ALL KINDS of chemistry problems next year, you watch. Yao Ming is going to disappoint the HELL out of a LOT of people. When teams draft a big guy project, especially #1 overall, they ALWAYS talk the "we know it's going to take time" talk, but they ALWAYS run out of patience after about 10-15 games! Ming is at LEAST a couple of years away from being a good NBA player, and no matter what anybody says, when he goes out there and gets dunked on by guys like Anthony Peeler on a regular basis, the boos will come, the media criticism will follow, and Ming's confidence will PLUMMET! And how will his more polished teammates think about losing minutes to the guy? And how can a team simultaneously develop their center of the future AND contend for a playoff spot in the Western Conference?

The Rockets will NOT contend for a playoff spot, they won't even finish ahead of Phoenix or Utah (unless Utah trades Karl Malone, which probably won't happen)--in FACT, I think the Rockets will finish a lot closer to 12TH PLACE than to 10TH PLACE! I know I'm in a minority here--but you watch! They will SUCK!
Your taking this yao ming thing way too far. What you have to realize is that the rockets imidiate future (read next year) is not at all tied to yao ming. The rockets where good enough to contend for the 8th seed last year, and they showed that before steve francis got hurt. Regardless of how their young players do, as long as their core players are helathy they will contend for the 8th spot atleast. As for your chemistry argument, the only player that yao ming will take minutes away from is Kelvin Kato, and I doubt anyones going to jump off cliffs if he's upset. None of their valuable players will have their minutes eaten into by yao ming, so I don't see a problem with chemestry.

by the way, i'm not a rockets fan, so this an objective opinion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.