Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a Laker fan-but I also like Gooden a lot,so I am starting to pay more attention to the Grizz. Here is an idea for your roster: I got the trade from robyg1974.

Lamond Murray, Tyrone Hill, Chris Mihm, and Bimbo Coles to the Grizzlies; Stromile Swift, Jason Williams, and Michael Dickerson to the Cavs

Than this could be your lineup.

PG Brevin Knight--Earl Watson--Bimbo Coles
SG Shane Battier--Wesley Person--Gordon Giricek
SF Drew Gooden--Lamond Murray
PF Pau Gasol--Chris Mihm--Tyrone Hill
C Lorenzen Wright----Tony Massenburg--Cezary Trybanski--Robert Archibald

The big men could be switched around some as far as what position they play-and Battier might not play SG too well,but you could also just start Person.-What do you think?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think that is a great lineup and I like Gooden a lot too. He is very quick and agile, and has great footwork in the post. The only thing I don't like about him is that he is not a great defender on big men. Anyway, the only disagreement I have is that I feel they won't have a young guy like Earl Watson start, but put Brevin Knight there to start games. As Watson learns and progresses throughout the season, he will earn the starting job eventually.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
As of now I think Drew Gooden will be the 6th man. Things can change though

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree with kansasalumn I think Gooden will be the 6th man of this team, he'll get playing time backing up both Battier and Gasol. He'll put up around 10-12 ppg and 5-6 rpg IMO

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>spartansfan223</b>!
Anyway, the only disagreement I have is that I feel they won't have a young guy like Earl Watson start, but put Brevin Knight there to start games. As Watson learns and progresses throughout the season, he will earn the starting job eventually.
I agree with you-I switched it to Knight as starter.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I don't think that the Cavs want to trade Mihm. That would leave Diop as the only backup to Mr Glass Zydrunas Ilgauskus. Not to mention I dont think that the Cavs want Jason Williams (although they might). Other than that I'd do this trade Cavs definitely interested in moving Murrays contract (eventhough it is not that much).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts