Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who should the Grizzlies draft?

I know its kind of early for this but who do you think the Grizz should go after come draft time?

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
Re: Who should the Grizzlies draft?

Jarrett Jack or the best PG with size available.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I was thinkin a guy like Julius Hodge would be a nice fit assuming he would play PG.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts

BPA. Having solid players at each position, I think they just go for talent. I think if he's available, Monta Ellis would be good for Memphis. They could use some explosive scoring.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts

I was going to make a thread like this tomorrow, but wouldn't have minded if someone else took care of it.

I'll sticky this after the season.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts

If missing the playoffs would automatically mean we get Deron Williams, I'd hope we lose our last nine games.

That kid's going to be special.

I think looking at a Ronny Turiaf or to a lesser extent, Channing Frye, would be a wise move. We need a point guard pretty badly, but while this draft is loaded with points, most the good ones will be gone by our pick.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts

I'm secretly hoping Monta Ellis goes to Mississippi State for at least one season. We're going to be downright awful next year without him.

(Also, on a completely different note, we don't have a second rounder this year.)

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Draft pick?

Do the Grizz have any draft picks? If they have their own first rounder it'd be about 18, who would you recommend they go after?

If they don;t own their own pick, what do they own?

·
19,803 Posts
Re: Draft pick?

We have our 1st rounder but not our 2nd rounder.

Right now I would go with Jarrett Jack if he declares, Luther Head or use the pick to move Jason Williams.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Deron Williams, Jarrett Jack or Julius Hodge in that sequence. Moving JWill would be a priority if I was making the decisions. Especially if it could get me Deron Williams. I agree that he looks like he will be special. He is strong and sees the floor.

If it were to be a post player, I think that Turiaf or Frye would be good. Sheldon Williams above them if he were in the draft.

I hope we can get that guy from UT Chattanoogo, Mindaugas Katelynas. I think he has a better vertical than Stro. He brushed his nose on the rim going UP for an alleyoop in a game at the Portsmouth Invitational. http://www.draftcity.com/viewarticle.php?a=148

Check out the link.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What makes you think that Julius Hodge wont be as good as if not better than Deron or Jarrett Jack?

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
HogsFan1188 said:
What makes you think that Julius Hodge wont be as good as if not better than Deron or Jarrett Jack?
cuz Julius Hodge is not a point guard. He will be a fine 3 though, ala Josh Howard.

·
Registered
350 Posts
DHarris34Phan said:
cuz Julius Hodge is not a point guard. He will be a fine 3 though, ala Josh Howard.
Hodge looks to thin to be a small forward. Besides if he is not a point guard, we shouldn't draft him. We don't need a 2 or a 3 because we have a lot of depth at the those positions. We need a 5 or a 1.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Jason Maxiell, PF, Cincinnati
The line: 8 points, 3 rebounds on 3-for-8 shooting in 24 minutes
The skinny: Maxiell didn't have the greatest game, but his work in the scrimmages must have impressed someone. Maxiell pulled out of the camp after the game, with NBA sources claiming he got enough positive feedback to convince him that he was firmly in the first round.
That's from Insider's Day 2 of PreDraft Coverage.

Anyone remember all the nice things we had to say about Maxiell after his workout with us? Please don't tell me Jerry West is pulling another Troy Bell.

Draft second rounders in the second round!

·
19,803 Posts
Rawse said:
That's from Insider's Day 2 of PreDraft Coverage.

Anyone remember all the nice things we had to say about Maxiell after his workout with us? Please don't tell me Jerry West is pulling another Troy Bell.

Draft second rounders in the second round!

Let's not forget that people also said Dahntay Jones should have been a 2nd rounder. Jason Maxiel is going to easily be one of the top 30 players out of this draft. He would do more for our team then guys like Johan Petro, Rudy Fernandez, Randolph Morris, etc.

However, I think 19 is a little high for him. Maybe we can grab New York's #30 pick.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Max left the camp to attend graduation. (yes, go ahead, I'll give you a minute to make your joke about Bearcats and graduation rates)

Cincinnait Enquirer

Maxiell left the camp after Wednesday, forgoing the final two days for personal reasons. Katz said Maxiell wants to attend UC graduation ceremonies today in Cincinnati and has personal matters to attend to in his home state of Texas.

Katz said Maxiell's decision to leave involved nothing more than his personal commitments.
Cincinnati Post

"I had to go back and get fitted for my cap and gown," Maxiell said Thursday before leaving Chicago. "I was debating whether to leave or stay and at the last minute I decided to go ahead and leave.

"My mother wanted to do the whole picture taking thing."

·
Registered
690 Posts
I love Maxiell but 19st could be very high for him...

Why not Taft??? He has top 5 skills but "Jerome James" mentality... Maybe we can change that...

·
Registered
488 Posts
I am asking myself during three or four days. Why don't memphis draft a center? perhanps andrew bynum?

He could be a good choice, he is young, tall and could develop en a very good true center. Perhaps we should wait two years to see what this guy can do if he is the starter at the C position, but IMO he could be a good pick and a good backup for the C than we should get trading Lo and J-will perhaps...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts