Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the way the Memphis Grizzlies are shaping up. They have two rookies in Pau Gasol and Shane Battier that could be potential all stars, and in my opiniong, have a very good chance of being an all star. Shane Battier reminds me alot of Wally Szerbiak, and Pau Gasol is just a force. With a good draft, we could be looking at another power in the NBA.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
The last thing the Grizz need is a good draft!They have all the young talent they need in J-Dub,Gasol,Battier,Dickerson,Swift they DONT need anymore draft prospects what they need is veteran leadership.If West can snag E.J. away from my Heat they could go far next season.

Heat Trade - E.J./Carter
Heat Receive - Battier/Swift/Knight

Grizz Trade - Battier/Swift/Knight
Grizz Receive -E.J./Carter

What do u think?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
You're right.The Grizz don't need anymore rookies.They should give Detroit the pick they owe to free up cap space.;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've got to tell you Heatlunatic, Memphis would be in an uproar if the Grizz even considered trading Battier. While we're NBA rookies here in Memphis, there were times you could tell Battier was playing with more effort and heart than any of the other nine players on the floor. He lives downtown near Beale Street and is approachable by everyone in public. Fred Smith (Memphis based FedEx founder and CEO) even had Shane address a shareholders meeting. While he may not be the most talented player on the floor his heart and never say die attitude more than make up the talent gap. At least for now, Battier is one of what the Memphis press refers to as the 'three Grizz untouchables', Pau Gasol and Lorenzen Wright (a native Memphian) are the others.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've got to agree with you UofMark. There's no way management will trade Battier for a package regarding E. Jones. Like I've said on another thread, that Battier is the type of player that most GMs around the league would love to have, so he's untouchable to this organization. I was at the meet and greet when West was brought in and he said he has told other teams acquiring about possible trade deals, that there's a few players on this team that's untouchable and two of them are Battier and Gasol. I'll also agree with you about Battier playing his heart til the final buzzard sounded. There were times when the team would be down by 15-20 in the 4th quarter and he was still playing like we were only down by 1 with the game on the line.

·
Registered
10 Posts
EJ??????

hell, eddie jones can't take the heat anywhere, so what makes you think he could take the griz anywhere, I agree, they have a great young nucleus, but eddie is not the answer, nice try though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts