Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From all the trades, drafts and free agent dealings right now, this is where we stand

PG: jwill/bknight/egill
SG: mdickerson/wperson/ggiricek
SF: sbattier/dgooden
PF: pgasol/sswift/cowen
C : lwright/tmass/rarchibald

This lineup looks pretty good to me. I am not too sure about Eddie Gill though. I think Solomon was better than him.
They should have also kept Fotsis. The guy was pretty good.
I guess we can see a couple...maybe even 3 from this roster leaving for another trade to get some big body.
Jerry might also get another shooter from the free agent market.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Man I hate that we didn't re-sign Rodney Buford. I loved his athletic game and thought he would've been great behind Dickerson and Person. But, like West said this is gonna be an almost a new team this year with more talent. Hopefully, the new players he's bringing in with learn to gel with each other quickly and be more productive than last year's crew.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
my changes

PG: jwill
SG: battier
SF: dgooden
PF: pgasol
C : lwright

·
Registered
200 Posts
Kansasalum, I can actually see the line-up looking like this:

PG: Williams
SG: Dickerson or Person
SF: Battier
PF: Gasol
C : Wright

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by bdachakeya
Kansasalum, I can actually see the line-up looking like this:

PG: Williams
SG: Dickerson or Person
SF: Battier
PF: Gasol
C : Wright
I just think everyone is underestimating Gooden!!!!! Alll of you will choke when you see him play. Just watch out!

·
Registered
281 Posts
i'd rather start Person over MikeD until he's got his game legs back. here's the starting lineup:

JWill
Person
Battier
Gasol
Wright

sorry kansasalum, but Gooden is not going to be a starter on this team unless Shane starts at the 2. very unlikely with Person and the expected return of Dickerson. i still can't shake the picture of Gooden getting stuffed against Maryland... welcome to the NBA.

oh, and Eddie is a much, much better option at point than Solomon. Will needs to learn PG in the DL.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
It was one GAME

Originally posted by Zeus
i'd rather start Person over MikeD until he's got his game legs back. here's the starting lineup:

JWill
Person
Battier
Gasol
Wright

sorry kansasalum, but Gooden is not going to be a starter on this team unless Shane starts at the 2. very unlikely with Person and the expected return of Dickerson. i still can't shake the picture of Gooden getting stuffed against Maryland... welcome to the NBA.

oh, and Eddie is a much, much better option at point than Solomon. Will needs to learn PG in the DL.
Why is people keep on bringing up that game? You can NOT judge a player on one GAME. Get over it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
i'm not judging him on one game; i've seen Gooden play for 3 years. i'm a Big XII fan. while Gooden was a good college player, i don't think he'll be a good NBA player. even if he is, he was a bad pick for the Grizzlies because we didn't use the 4 pick to address team needs. we should've gone after a SG or SF. and yes, i know Gooden will be expected to play SF, but i don't see it happening.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Zeus, I think they are trying to address the 2spot with the addition of Person and hopefully a healthy Dickerson. I wasn't a big fan of the Gooden pick, but I still think the guy will come in and become a big contributer for this team. Remember West said the best teams in this league are those teams that are loaded in every position and it looks like he's starting to do that with the bigs first. Remember, this is a process that won't be done in one year, but hopefully we'll see some progress on the floor this year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts