1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i expect to see a trade of swift + knight and may be michael dickerson for a good center and/or a all star talent because there are too much pg's (j-will, knight, eddie gill, and watson) and not only one real center.. but for that package it must be a good one :]
it would be hard to trade swift, he has big upside.. but they have to do something to be a playoff contender right now..

what kind of deal the grizzlies would get done ? for those 3 players i think davis and wells of portland are a real target.. but the blazers wants a C too.. they would get a best package of players, but dickerson its a risk, so it may be worth the lose of swift.

or what kind of deal do u think we would make?

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Sonics will probably match the offer sheet. They are probably trading Shammond Williams(Boston?) So they will need a backup PG for the Glove.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Isn´t Kenny Anderson a nice backup for Payton,
Joseph Forte(2001 21st pick) also came to the Sonics.
I don´t think they will match the offer.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but I just recently found this message board. Earl is similar to Cameron Dollar in terms of his defensive mentality and his strong leadership abilities, but to say that Earl = Cameron is a joke. I loved Cam, but Earl is a much better offensive player than Cameron ever was. I don't know why anyone who claims to be a big UCLA guy would not be impressed with Earl. Unless of course it's because he remembers Baron's game winning shots and not the plays that Earl made during the games (while Baron was on the bench with foul trouble) that allowed Baron to have the opportunity to make the big plays. Or unless he remembers Jason Kapono knocking down all those threes, but forgets that Earl's the one who got him the ball for most of those threes.

Don't judge him on his offensive stats in Seattle, as he spent most of his time on the court away from the ball. Earl's strength is his defense, as demonstrated by his ranking in steals per 48 minutes and steals per turnover (top four in both categories in the NBA) throughout last season. He is a very capable offensive player as well, he just didn't have an opportunity to show it last season. He'll be a pleasant surprise in Memphis, just as he was at UCLA and in Seattle.

·
Registered
54 Posts
So you think eventually he will become a starter in the NBA? Does he have that kind of potential??

If Williams doesn't tone down his play, and decide its better to run a team that to run a highlight film, will Watson be the one to take over the job for the Grizz??

I like him and so does West, so maybe he will get the opportunity to show all that he can do.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, he went from being a guy who was supposed to be a four year bench warmer to one of the top three in consideration for player of the year in the Pac 10 when he was a senior. He doesn't let anyone else convince him that he can't do something, and he doesn't allow himself to let down or give in when he wants to. I can't doubt him or his abilities because of that. People say that Earl's too short to be a starting point, but if Mike Bibby and Baron Davis are starting point guards, there's no arguement there. Earl can jump with the best of them, plays better defense than most, and can shoot. He wasn't given a chance to shoot that much last year, but he wasn't that far off his near 50% shooting from his senior year.

I don't know what's going to happen, but I have confidence in him. So does he, and that's one of the best attributes that someone can have.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for all that insight into his college days EJ. And your opinions on Watson and his work ethic.

That is good to hear. A player with dedication to work on their weaknesses will always end up becoming a solid player.
There are alot of players with limited talents who simply worked hard and thus succeeded, and on the other end, the players with all the talent....and they just let in all go by being lazy.

I hope Watson gets his chances and excels, and works his *** off to become the best that he can possibly be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts