Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is an interview on nba.com; I'm not able to watch it at work, anyone with a recap?

-Petey

·
Nets Fan
10,426 Posts
"Its everybody's goddams fault" wow, good interview, you could tell hes very upset.

He said things were handled badly during the offseason and if things were handled differently Flip would still be here. Bad negotiations and upset players prevented them from playing basketball and hinted that the problem with the team starts with the top, McHale.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Grandmazter3 said:
"Its everybody's goddams fault" wow, good interview, you could tell hes very upset.

He said things were handled badly during the offseason and if things were handled differently Flip would still be here. Bad negotiations and upset players prevented them from playing basketball and hinted that the problem with the team starts with the top, McHale.
Sounds like someone wants out of Minny.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Grandmazter3 said:

Wow... truly sounds like he's on the brink of making a decision. He does sound very unhappy. I guess he cant be blamed though.

·
Banned
845 Posts
I'd say the top contenders for KG are probably Chicago and Us.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
mjm1 said:
thats the million dollar question. Probably to an eastern conference team.
I wouldn't be too sure. I think Minny will go with whoever gives them the most.

Prior to Nene's knee giving out and K-Mart's recuring injury I thought Denver had a lot too offer. Golden State and Memphis have a lot of options.

On the East side I think people in Cleveland would be salivating over a LeBron/KG duo. Also his KG's hometown Chicago may have the players to make something happen.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
mjm1 said:
tick tock. i'll give it 8-10 weeks before kg is traded.
I give it 4 to 6 weeks before Kevin McHale is fired. Timberwolves without KG is not a saleable franchise, not a marketable franchise. And trading KG is going to be very, very difficult. He makes $18 million, is owed a total of $84 million over the next six and turns 30 this year. He also has had some knee issues.

If a trade goes down, it would require an expiring contract or two and several draft choices. Figure out who has the most draft choices next year and the year after and you may have a candidate team...but I doubt he gets traded.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
newsflash..there are many teams that could put together a great pacakge for KG, not just the Nets....even the Hawks could

The Vince, Ilic + Picks thing is so tiresome and boring already

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Oh the Holiday Spirit is upon us...........All I want for Christmas is KG..... :biggrin: ........I would think if at some point in time if KG were to get traded that the Wolves would be smart enough to trade him as far away from the West and themselves as possible............Cause they wouldn't like KG when he's angry :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts