Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I hope Simmons and Kaman are healthy and can play because if they don't Detroit may run away with this one.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Pistons are a team that shows what basketball is all about, shows how a coach really can make a difference. Pistons were the first team i think in 25 years to win a championship without a superstar. They didnt even have a dominating 7 footer in the middle. I like tayshaun prince as a player. Wasnt he a low draft pick? Would have been nice to see the clippers pick up a local guy in that year. Even in high school he was sick, he beat my high school in 97 to win the state championship. During that game he hit 3 30 foot+ 3 pointers, one from half court, not to beat clocks, but because he was toying with the team.

I wish magette would style his game a little bit more like Rip who is so good coming off screens, and isnt always looking only to draw the foul.

If simmons, kaman, AND ross are all out, we will not win though. I think we need at least two of them healthy to have a shot, especially since jaric still seems about 80%

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
holy crap thats crazy. Chris wilcox will get some big minutes i bet, with mikki moore playing a lot of SF too if those figures are true.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
if all of those guys are out, i see rebraca starting, with wilcox backing up both front court positions, and mikki moore backing up magette. Then we probably will see a lot of brunson/livingston or brunson/chalmers rotations as well. Probably a loss with these injuries, but stranger things have happened, so you never know. :)

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brand with a nice coast to coast play.
Looks like Detroit is a little surprise because they are not playing well. Clippers had 3 PG's starting and its working out well. :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
still at work so cant watch the game yet. Clippers seem to have doubled up the pistons so far.

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Had to go out for a bit but I am back and it is good to see the Clippers up 1 at this point.

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Like the announcers said Brand's shot is long and Prince just hit a big shot. Clippers down 4, Chalmers almost had the last shot go in.

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Clippers down 11 and the Piston starters are coming back in. :curse:
Hopefully Jaric will continue to step up and when Brand comes back in he will contribute because right now the Piston has threatening to run away with the game.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts