Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
It is true that he does get alot of rebounds and most games i am happy with his play, but he is in his 30's and I see plenty of potential in the other 2 guys. The problem is that we can't keep all 3 unless we get rid of Pavel. And I am not sure DJ will want to stay unless he gets more time.

· Registered
37 Posts
Yes how soon i forget the Bradley years mainly because they were forgettable :cry:

I also like having centers that can get the job done and would keep them all if they will be happy splitting minutes. The centers give us alot of versatility coming off the bench and we get very good production in most games between all 3 of them. I do beleive that the improved center position has defintely keyed the success this season.

· Registered
37 Posts
DJ seems to be getting better each time he gets to play and could be a huge factor in the playoffs assuming he gets on the playoff roster. The Clippers offensive rebounding especially from Kaman had us in trouble in the first quarter.

· Registered
37 Posts
It's amazing what happens when you close out on shooters and control the boards. You can have a 4 minute shooting drought and still lead by 9. That kind of play is what keeps you in games come playoff time. I will go out on a limb and say that the MAVS beat the Clips in 5 games come playoff time.

· Registered
37 Posts
He could put up some huge stats if he wasn't trying to share the ball so much. it may cost him, but I think he would rather be a team player and win a championship that get the MVP. He would have my vote if I had one. I did hear Galloway change his tune today and say Dirk should get after he had been touting Nash all year and he does have a vote. I hate to wish for close games, but he defintely cannot pad his stats if he doesn't play the 4th like in the Hornet game.

· Registered
37 Posts
This game is really ugly right now because both teams are contesting every shot. At least Brand is only shooting 3 - 12. Makes Dirks numbers not look so bad. I agree that he needs to put his head down and drive and get his points at the line going down the stretch.

· Registered
37 Posts
I was about to go ballistic on that call, but fortunately they finally got it right and Dirk finally gets to the line. Dirk is being a monster on the boards with that last rebound. And another close call on Terry that was overturned. This is a nail biter, but a very good defensive game as everyone is getting pressured. mavericks up by 4 with 1:44 to go and the Clips have the ball.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.